The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

coronation set

I'd buy one. But the new King is a bit of a dandy so he probably doesn't shave himself. The King Charles III Coronation set would be @BarberDave coming to your house each morning to shave you. On a polo horse.

I would certainly buy a coronation set if one where ever made/offered...assuming it was a nod to the old DE heritage and not some fancy cartridge based thing. I imagine it would be nearly impossible to get here in the US simply because there are so many in and around the UK who are devoted enough to the monarch that Gillette couldn't make enough to supply all who would want one.

I never thought about it until it was mentioned here but it is interesting to consider whether or not the newly crowned King does or does not shave himself AND what products/equipment his uses (or is used on him). Give the long history of the monarch itself, I would like to think he has a VERY vintage razor, a very fine badger brush and maybe even a "made for the monarch" shave soap. Maybe a Gillette Aristocrat and D.R. Harris Arlington or Marlborough.

I never thought about it until it was mentioned here but it is interesting to consider whether or not the newly crowned King does or does not shave himself AND what products/equipment his uses (or is used on him). Give the long history of the monarch itself, I would like to think he has a VERY vintage razor, a very fine badger brush and maybe even a "made for the monarch" shave soap. Maybe a Gillette Aristocrat and D.R. Harris Arlington or Marlborough.
This makes for an interesting topic:
What does the King of England shave with??

Wrong (or right) answers only:

A Harrys cartridge with 3 shaves on the blade.
Some local English store brand soap...maybe Yardleys Lavender.
A no-name badger.
He looks like a Veg man to me.

I was actually wondering if there might be a re-release of the Lady Gillette in honor of the Queen. Never considered it might serve as both an "in honor of" AND an actual coronation set for the new King
in jest..:).it could serve as both.or for Camilla..

I would certainly buy a coronation set if one where ever made/offered...assuming it was a nod to the old DE heritage and not some fancy cartridge based thing. I imagine it would be nearly impossible to get here in the US simply because there are so many in and around the UK who are devoted enough to the monarch that Gillette couldn't make enough to supply all who would want one.

quite possibly his fathers shave gear,the late Prince Philip.there was a George VI set as well,though very rare,i have only seen one and didn't keep a pic.

Back