The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Coming soon (summer 2022)

Newest stuff is now on the website. I included a couple of new bar soaps (Tabac & Thug/brut) that are very small batches if these scents interest you grab them quickly). All but the Orange Creamsicle are also available in post shave tonic & oil. Orange Creamsicle and Fresh Lime both include synthetic cooling agents to give them a HINT of cooling/freshness. Depending on how sensitive you are to the synthetic stuff you should feel a modest amount of cooling, not an "intense" cooling.

BOTH the inconceivable and smoulder scents are made with my locally sourced home rendered tallow...BOTH are so soft they border on cream. Future iterations of my home rendered locally sourced tallow soaps will be made with a blend of grass fed and grain fed, this should firm things up a bit.

One last thing. Summer is coming and this means high temps (in transit and in your mail box), this means melted soaps. If your soap arrives melted it is best to leave the lid on and allow it to come back to room temp.

Ok, one more last thing. The CBL soap lab will be moving to a new larger location in the weeks ahead. I don't anticipate this impacting order fulfilment but it COULD. After the move I will be shifting more of the "bar soap" duties to my son and his wife. I don't have the patience for cold process soap but THEY do, this means we will have some cold process soap available soon. Since our focus right now learning and experimenting, the quantities of each scent/formulation will be fairly limited. If you have special scent request and/or suggestions feel free to share them.

I have 3 more soaps about to hit the website.
The first is "Grassroots Lavender" a Yardley Lavender like scent. For those who have been around awhile you might recall this soap was originally sold as a fundraiser for a non-profit organization I have been involved with for 15 years or so. This batch is ALSO a fundraiser but I only have 10 tubs and I have already given the organization the funds, so even if these tubs don't sell the organization has already been given the "proceeds" as if all tubs sold at $18. I will probably price these tubs around $12 just so they sell quickly. It is a premium base made with regular beef tallow, it is somewhat more firm than the freshly rendered grass-fed tallow and the Wagyu tallow (the wagyu is also grass fed but it is/was grain finished).

The next is a rose based scent also made using a firmer version of my premium base with some added hyaluronic acid and ceramides. I believe this one will be called "True Love" (another princess bride reference). This scent is a spice rose scent with hints of sandalwood, incense and other mixed florals. It isn't a "true rose" or pure rose scent.

The last is "California Sunrise", a scent I originally made as a custom request for a cadre member about 3-4 years ago then re-released in the Orion base. This release in made using a firmer version of my premium base with some added hyaluronic acid and ceramides. Due to the cost and difficulty in sourcing this fragrance oil I will have a limited amount of tonic and/or apothecary oil available to pair with this soap. This soap scent is a fairly accurate duplicate of Amouge Sunshine Man. I could describe the scent notes here but in my opinion the sum of the parts is more than the parts.

I have 3 more soaps about to hit the website.
The first is "Grassroots Lavender" a Yardley Lavender like scent. For those who have been around awhile you might recall this soap was originally sold as a fundraiser for a non-profit organization I have been involved with for 15 years or so. This batch is ALSO a fundraiser but I only have 10 tubs and I have already given the organization the funds, so even if these tubs don't sell the organization has already been given the "proceeds" as if all tubs sold at $18. I will probably price these tubs around $12 just so they sell quickly. It is a premium base made with regular beef tallow, it is somewhat more firm than the freshly rendered grass-fed tallow and the Wagyu tallow (the wagyu is also grass fed but it is/was grain finished).

The next is a rose based scent also made using a firmer version of my premium base with some added hyaluronic acid and ceramides. I believe this one will be called "True Love" (another princess bride reference). This scent is a spice rose scent with hints of sandalwood, incense and other mixed florals. It isn't a "true rose" or pure rose scent.

The last is "California Sunrise", a scent I originally made as a custom request for a cadre member about 3-4 years ago then re-released in the Orion base. This release in made using a firmer version of my premium base with some added hyaluronic acid and ceramides. Due to the cost and difficulty in sourcing this fragrance oil I will have a limited amount of tonic and/or apothecary oil available to pair with this soap. This soap scent is a fairly accurate duplicate of Amouge Sunshine Man. I could describe the scent notes here but in my opinion the sum of the parts is more than the parts.
I love your California Sunrise! I have it in your Orion base - it is absolutely fantastic!

California Sunrise and Iron Throne sound great. When do you expect them to be up on the site?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I have 12 tubs of California sunrise ready to go live on the site but Iron Throne will be at least a week maybe 2. I also have the rose based scent (Mawage/true love) ready within 2 weeks. I was thinking I should wait to make them all live at once but that may change

I have 12 tubs of California sunrise ready to go live on the site but Iron Throne will be at least a week maybe 2. I also have the rose based scent (Mawage/true love) ready within 2 weeks. I was thinking I should wait to make them all live at once but that may change

Thank you Chris

If you decide to release it earlier, you'll post beforehand, right... Please?

Back