The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Colonial General v2

GearNoir

“The Disney Princess’s Apprentice”

Glad the head is improved...but ugh...what’s up with their handle designs lately?

Anyway, there we go.

Not a buy for me at that price.

Yup, I saw that this morning too. Surely one of the ugliest handles I've seen. I would not buy it just for that reason alone.....

Interesting thoughts here on blade rigidity sound familiar :unsure: 😂 😂😂
  • Reduction in blade reveal (i.e., the blade protrusion from the top cap). This has increased the rigidity and efficiency of the razor by preventing blade chatter and flex.
  • Improved blade pinch. This has improved the rigidity and efficiency of the shave by preventing blade chatter and flex.

Lol yes. I didn’t think AC blades were that flexible enough to make a difference. Given how the shave already was with the v1, they must have adjusted .01 mm lol.

Makes me wonder if they actually know what they’re doing. If I hadn’t have tried the General v1 for myself I’d have read that and said they’re full of baloney.

Lol yes. I didn’t think AC blades were that flexible enough to make a difference. Given how the shave already was with the v1, they must have adjusted .01 mm lol.

Makes me wonder if they actually know what they’re doing. If I hadn’t have tried the General v1 for myself I’d have read that and said they’re full of baloney.
Point is blade rigidity makes a difference DE, SE etc.................Pretty sure they know what they're doing

Point is blade rigidity makes a difference DE, SE etc.................Pretty sure they know what they're doing
Oh I realize that, but their explanations are almost meaningless. Reduction in blade reveal would normally mean a more mild shave, unless they’ve increased gap, which they don’t mention. Improved blade pinch could mean anything.

The only thing that needs to happen for more rigidity is that the blade needs to be clamped/supported along the blade body and closer to the blade edge. If that’s what they did, they just needed to say it. Those two points just seem redundant and really vague to me.

My overall disappointment must be feeding my criticism :ROFLMAO:

I don't hate the handle, it sort of reminds me of the Upsal razor's handle. Still would go Vector though.

image.png

Kirk and Kyle are great guys, but I am totally committed to the Blackland Vector! It’s the best razor I’ve ever used in 55 yrs of wet shaving!

Enjoy your shave,

Jeff
Well, for those of us that it really works for, I'm not sure how anything could be "better". Glass smooth BBS with no alum sting. I think the only way a shave could be approved above that is if the razor sprayed out Ghost Town Barber as you shaved.

Back