The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Colonial General V2 Revised

jgreenepa

TSC's "Velveteen Shaver"
I just preordered the new General V2 Revised. I did not like the handle on the original. This new revised handle is both eye catching and more practical. I have no commercial relationship with the company. Just a happy Silversmith customer looking forward to using this razor!
8F0BBCEB-E240-45A6-B86A-0393658A9A10.jpeg

I just preordered the new General V2 Revised. I did not like the handle on the original. This new revised handle is both eye catching and more practical. I have no commercial relationship with the company. Just a happy Silversmith customer looking forward to using this razor!
View attachment 15053
Looks like a sonic screwdriver.

The other nice thing is that they’re now selling heads only. I bought the first of the v2s otherwise I’d get a head only.

What's your experience with the V2 General been like?
I've been really happy with it. At first I was feeling a little "meh" about it but I've really grown to like it. It was the first AC razor that I've owned, but since then I've picked up a Cobra Classic and a RR Hawk. Of the three, I'd say it's the one I use the most and I think it gives me the most consistent shave of the 3. I have tried some other blades, but have found that the Proline and the Feather Pro Super are the best for me.

More recently, I've been using the head on a Stork Anaconda handle and it feels great. Colonial-style anything is not really my thing so if I were to buy again, I'd just get the head. But the handle itself is pretty nice and has a good balance.

Happy to answer more if you have any other questions.

Bob

Back