The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

cmh737 on board

cmh737

I shave @ FL360
Veteran
Legacy
Greetings fellow Cadre, I'm cmh737, officially checking in - finally. Actually, I'm Chris H, and I live in Atlanta, GA, home of the world's busiest airport.

Shaving stuff:

I was always a wet shaver, but it was carts. I started out in my teens with a Gillette Trac II. I did use Old Spice soap with a cheap brush back then, but only briefly, then the canned stuff . Fast forward to 2013, and that's when I got into this crazy hobby of ours. I started out with a Merkur 34, which still comes up in the rotation. I now use traditional straight razors, as well as various DE's, and my most outstanding Schick IN...JEC...TOR!

My "worst" AD's: (1) Soaps. As of today, I've used 451 different soaps/creams/sticks. (2) Brushes. I lost count at 72 different brushes, but I've got them culled to about 25 now. (3) Strops. Oy, do I have some strops! (4) Fountain pens. Talk about a "rabbit hole"!

Some other trivia and interests:

I am a Life Member of the National Eagle Scout Association

I am a sports fanatic. I love 'em all, but especially the Olympics. Perhaps that's because I competed in the Junior Olympics (Judo) way back in the day.

I try to keep in shape, as best as I can, by working in the martial art of Karate (Okinawan Shuri Ryu).

That's about all I can think of for now, which is much more than anyone cares about anyway - LOL!

The master soap enabler has finally officially introduced himself!

I didn't realize you flew helicopters! That is on my bucket list... to be a passenger in one that is. Was going to knock it off my bucket list a while back when visiting my Uncle at Ft. Irwin but sadly the winds where way out of control that day and was told no.

Well that's cool, I didn't know you were a pilot. So now we need flight stories like how we get reffing stories from Chad.
1f609.png

Welcome Chris. That is a lot that I didn't know about you. I knew about the present job and the family, but that is about it.

Thanks for officially checking in Chris. I would love to pick up a surplus Huey. The traffic in Centre Co. PA sucks.
1f60e.png

Chris H, earlier in this thread you were called the master soap enabler by another master soap enabler(Chad@Cvargo.) SAD got a hold of me early on in this journey and has had a strangle hold on me ever since. Although, to be fair, that strangle hold may be my wife's hands around my neck for buying another shaving soap.
1f601.png

It's good to have you here, cmh737!

Blade4vor said:
Chris H, earlier in this thread you were called the master soap enabler by another master soap enabler(Chad@Cvargo.) SAD got a hold of me early on in this journey and has had a strangle hold on me ever since. Although, to be fair, that strangle hold may be my wife's hands around my neck for buying another shaving soap.
1f601.png

It's good to have you here, cmh737!

Chris is definitely the zen Buddha Enablement master...he enables by not trying to enable.

Back