The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Cleaning up a Schick Hydomagic

Hey gang, I just got a new to me razor off the Bay. And it has a blade in it! I have never had or even used an injector. Any tips for me? I do have Barbicide, and the "key" for the injector. If left to my own devices, I would carefully remove the blade and clean with hot soapy water. Anything else I should be aware of? Thanks!

1 finger phone typing.

If you remove the old blade without replacing it in order to clean more thoroughly then please save the old blade to load as a "dummy" before loading a new blade. If you don't then you will dull the new blade as it loads across the the two blade "nubs" on the lower injector bar.

It’s a hydromagic, so the lever will allow you to open it and you’ll get access to everything in order to clean it very easily. You can also load it manually while it’s open, and avoid the issue that Bogeyman mentioned.

Back