The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Christmas Shave gifts?

Awesome stuff guys! Quite jealous since the wife says shes never buying me anything shaving related LOL

Wow those Paladin brushes look awesome! I have been eyeing up buying a Wild West brushworks brush. They wont set my wallet on fire like the Paladin brushes. Those are some great Christmas shave gifts!

Woah, wait! You got to keep the second one?! Excellent!
Well these are two more I got today after that one I bought for myself. She actually did return the briar one she bought. Got some other shaving stuff when we got to the rest of the gifts tonight. I’ll have to post tomorrow.

Here’s the stuff from yesterday evening.

From my sister. Including skin healing cream made from snail slime. She uses nail slime stuff every day. There’s no smell to it, but it looks like slime and I’m not sure when I’ll get the courage to apply to my face.

From my wife:

Your wife has better taste than your sister.........................snail slime ? What are people thinking..............

I got a trio of Stirling pre-shave goodness from my Rudolph Buddy. I am going to love using these.

From my in-laws I got a couple of really cool odd-ball items.

That is a "shaving axe" straight razor, which I used this morning. The edge needs some work and the geometry is different than any straight I have used before, but it is really cool. Also, some 1903 shave cream from J. Peterman. This stuff is a wonderful fougere and should be a joy to use.

That axe is really cool. Great attention to detail on it. I can't imagine trying to shave under the nose with it though.

Some really awesome gifts! What? No one is talking about the Psycho Tech that Dave got? And that shaving ax is awesome! But I think Eric the Brush Maker is thinking that he shaved with one bigger!
1f60b.png

Wow Doug, now that's a razor right up my interest being that it's an axe and everything. I'm not sure I'd shave with it, but it sounds like you are figuring it out. Very cool case too.

I've really enjoyed seeing all the shaving goodies everyone got this year!

Back