The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Christmas Dinner 2021 Thread

Just over a week away and I ave alreay started on Christmas dinner preps. Today we aquired our prime rib roast. This year I will do a 9 day dry age in butter! It will be awesome.

What is everuone else doing?

View attachment 70321

View attachment 70322

View attachment 70323
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa...back up bronco! I think myself and the rest of the Cadre need elaborate steps to complete this process. Especially the part about the butter.

Wait, shouldn't he sous vide them?

It wont be a waste. There will also be many sauces.
I’m just relaying what was said in the video. He said to not use it. But you’re not aging it as long as he did either.

I’m just relaying what was said in the video. He said to not use it. But you’re not aging it as long as he did either.
Guga has a whole thing with dry aging… butter was actually one of his better ideas (see peanut butter, Nutella, yogurt, honey). It’s always better to just dry age it using those cool bags, but where is the fun in that? 😂

Guga has a whole thing with dry aging… butter was actually one of his better ideas (see peanut butter, Nutella, yogurt, honey). It’s always better to just dry age it using those cool bags, but where is the fun in that? 😂
Yeah it is kind of a gimmick, but if the roast is sitting for a week, why not do a coffin of butter for show.

Doing something a little different this year. Turkey on the Weber Kettle using the rotisserie with charcoal. Also doing ham balls with a sweet sour glaze.

Welp, my wife realized we have enough time on Christmas day to do the whole she-bang. So we'll be having a turkey from the outdoor air fryer. William Sonoma was clearing out all their Thanksgiving stuff. So our brine, gravy base, stuffing, and cranberry relish will be from them.

Back