The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Cheers from Nova Scotia!

MikeR.

Jr. Shave Member
Sent here by recommendation of Bill M, whose videos are teaching even an old Dog like me new tricks. Happy to join in the fun!
Have been shaving will all manner of implements , but my main focus is Straight Razors and how to hone them. Never too old to learn new tricks and will soon embark on a curved hone journey. Cheers.

Last edited:
Sent here by recommendation of Bill M, whose videos are teaching even an old Dog like me new tricks. Happy to join in the fun!
Have been shaving will all manner of implements , but my main focus is Straight Razors and how to hone them. Never too old to learn new tricks and will soon embark on a curved hone journey. Cheers.
Welcome

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Welcome @MikeR. to The Cadre!! The forum is a wealth of info and good gentlemanly forums. Please make sure to familiarize yourself with our Terms and Conditions Linked Here:
https://theshavingcadre.com/threads/tsc-terms-of-use-tou-revisions-updates-2-2021.3796/

Thanks for posting a introduction thread.

Should you need any assistance in navigating the site or help please contact any of our friendly Concierge Staff.

@Spider , @NurseDave @heysi , @Fenster , @Scuttlesoap

or feel free to reach out to any of the owners of TSC
@BarberDave
@CVargo
@CBLindsay

Again Welcome and have a great time

1669990293134.gif

Hi @MikeR. welcome to the forum! Fellow straight shaver and honer here.

What is your preference, New production or Vintage?

What is your favorite vintage/modern straight razor manufacturer?

Again, welcome and glad to have you here!

Welcome to the Cadre, @MikeR. !
We were down your way in August. Well.... almost. We went as far as North Sydney so my sister-in-laws could see the size of the ferries.

View attachment 99363

Hi @MikeR. welcome to the forum! Fellow straight shaver and honer here.

What is your preference, New production or Vintage?

What is your favorite vintage/modern straight razor manufacturer?

Again, welcome and glad to have you here!
Well you made me go and take inventory...out of 18 straight razors the majority are vintage with a smattering of new, mostly Soligen, with one Theirs Issard , which has caused me much grief..warped spine, hence my interest in convex honing.once I get this new style of sharpening down I may get another. Bottom line is I like them all!

Welcome @MikeR. to The Cadre!! The forum is a wealth of info and good gentlemanly forums. Please make sure to familiarize yourself with our Terms and Conditions Linked Here:
https://theshavingcadre.com/threads/tsc-terms-of-use-tou-revisions-updates-2-2021.3796/

Thanks for posting a introduction thread.

Should you need any assistance in navigating the site or help please contact any of our friendly Concierge Staff.

@Spider , @NurseDave @heysi , @Fenster , @Scuttlesoap

or feel free to reach out to any of the owners of TSC
@BarberDave
@CVargo
@CBLindsay

Again Welcome and have a great time
Thanks Fenster ..really liking what I see! I'd learning as I go.

Back