The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Chambers Shave Company -Roulette- review by CBLindsay

CBLindsay

I Blame Dave
Owner
Legacy
The Chambers Shave Company (a TSC artisan retailer) recently announced their new soap (croap) was available on their website so I had to get some. The scent selection offers a little something for everyone, I chose Roulette. The list price includes shipping making and they were kind enough to offer TSC members a SUBSTANTIAL discount making it an even better value.

Ordering from the Chambers Shave Company site was easy and they provide a high level of communication, texting me at every stage of order fulfilment. The text that the package was out for delivery made it easy to catch it before the wife saw it ...but she knew I had a new soap when she caught me doing a test lather minutes after it arrived.

The scent off the tub was plenty strong and it remained strong once lathered. The "black vetiver and leather" scent was somehow familiar to me but I can't place it, in any case I enjoy this scent for what it is and paired it with Burberry Weekend when I did my shave test.

The soap itself is a semi-soft croap like soap that yields under light pressure but isn't sticky. It loads instantly requiring very, very little effort. Using a damp badger brush I was able to produce a very slick yogurt like lather in less than a minute. I test lathered in a bowl and did the shave test using a face lather, both worked well.

I am not very good at assigning points or scores for different features, I am more of a "i like" or "i don't like" kind of guy. This soap I like, I like a lot. It is EASY to lather and EASY to get to a consistency that works. It is plenty slick, both in primary and residual slickness. A little splash of water and you can definitely do a little touch up without needing to relather.

If you find a scent description that you like i definitely recommend picking up a tub or two.

respectfully submitted
CBLindsay

I really like el guapo and hope to get my hands on derby soon. I need to dig into my Journal and repost my review in it's own thread too.

Back