The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Celebrating the Fourth of July 2019

Probably going to see fireworks tonight. The Air Force Base is putting on a show tonight, and the neighboring town has one tomorrow. The Base has an event with food, fishing derby, music, and petting zoo & inflatables for the kids. A huge picnic leading up to the fireworks. So may go to some of that.

Tomorrow, not sure what I'm doing. Amber has something planned. It's a surprise. But I think I figured out we're going to a movie... I think maybe the new Spider-Man.
We are doing a movie in the backyard tonight (for my wife’s birthday) and will probably be doing one again tomorrow night.
The festival at the base sounds like fun. Our base shut down 30 years ago, I don’t remember the last time we had any community events there.

Happy 4th to my southern neighbours (even if some of you may be N of my house). Enjoy and be safe on the roads!

Not doing a ton really. Throwing some hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill. Spending time with the wife and her family. The Danger Hounds don't like fireworks too much...so we are trying some CBD oil for dogs to see how that works. All in all it will be a pretty uneventful Fourth of July for the Danger Household. Man am I getting old! Hope the Cadre has a wonderful and safe holiday!

Not doing a ton really. Throwing some hamburgers and hotdogs on the grill. Spending time with the wife and her family. The Danger Hounds don't like fireworks too much...so we are trying some CBD oil for dogs to see how that works. All in all it will be a pretty uneventful Fourth of July for the Danger Household. Man am I getting old! Hope the Cadre has a wonderful and safe holiday!

View attachment 5661

Sometimes uneventful isn’t a bad thing lol

We live outside the city limits of a small town. We have a cookout and let the kids shoot fireworks on the gravel driveway.

The city has an outside sports complex about 1/16 mile away where they do the annual celebration with local music and a really decent fireworks display. So we can listen to the music and watch the fireworks from the driveway. Dogs don’t like it when some of the fireworks rattle the windows.

Getting ready to head to my grandma's for BBQ. And this hit us

KJ is poppin’ smoke!
I took precisely 416 steps yesterday. I was one with the command chair. Our city fireworks go up from just across the street and we found when my Son’s Grand Pyrenees decides it’s done with kaboom, ain’t much can keep it from going inside!

Dang those are like 5 times the size of the ones we can get!
The purple one is legit, the size of a real grenade. The green one was the size of a softball. Ironically the purple one lasted longer (and was cheaper).

Man, the smoke bombs I used to get were about the size of a large olive...I would have grown up a different kind of person (prisoner #111111) if I could have found those big ones.

Back