The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBLindsay's Memorial Day Shave-narrated with photos of the den

CBLindsay

I Blame Dave
Owner
Legacy
A mid afternoon shave with one my newest acquisitions, a vintage frame back razors with a nice smile. Using my whipped dog 24mm silver tip to lather one of my favorite soaps, vintage Williams Tonsorial with some left over DRHarris Marlborough mashed into it. Not the best shave I’ve had but it was fun.

As a special bonus I will attach a few photos of where I hide my collection.
https://youtu.be/PFcr7748btE

Good stuff Chris. Now we just need Dave to show us pictures of his Menudo collection.

I saw the pics the first time but now they are not displaying

Great video Chris! Much better with you narrating!

I'm not see any pictures just a bunch of file names and if you click on one of them it never loads a picture.

That is a ton of stuff. Do you have a system about what stuff goes where?

That is a ton of stuff. Do you have a system about what stuff goes where?
i certainly do. If it fits, that’s where I put it. I do sort of keep samples in one corner and I have most of my vintage soaps in the box (on the left) under the bed. I have started many times to try to do more to organize but keep giving up.
You cant see it but I actually have two of those black herf-a-dor’s full of straight razors as well a couple smaller herf-a-dor’s filled with razors in different states of rehab. My stones aren’t shown but they fill a larg herf-a-dor and a medium ammo can.

to be honest, I’m a little afraid. My wife is bent on getting a new bedroom set, that means ALL of my stuff will be exposed at one time!

to be honest, I’m a little afraid. My wife is bent on getting a new bedroom set, that means ALL of my stuff will be exposed at one time!
Don't worry, I'm sure there are a number of people on here that would be more than willing to hold onto some of your stuff if you think she will see too much.

I have some fodder for SWMBO now...”See honey, I haven’t gotten the bug that bad at all!”

True....but an even better way to approach this would be to say, "look how generous people in this community are! He was PIF'd all these soaps!" Kind of sets the bar of expectation...

Don't worry, I'm sure there are a number of people on here that would be more than willing to hold onto some of your stuff if you think she will see too much.

Should we start a sign-up sheet?
1f606.png

True....but an even better way to approach this would be to say, "look how generous people in this community are! He was PIF'd all these soaps!" Kind of sets the bar of expectation...

Hah! That might work, if only she didn’t watch the accounts like a hawk...

Back