The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBLindsay's "git er done" weekday morning shave.

CBLindsay

I Blame Dave
Owner
Legacy
This is a video of my typical weekday/workday shave. I usually strop the razor the night before so it is ready to go in the morning.
EDIT (5-27-18). Just to,clarify or make more obvious for those who wondered but did not ask. I shave right out of the shower. While in the shower I will use one of my pre-shave soaps to wash my face and leave the lather on while Continue my shower. On occasion I will do a face lather with the brunch and soap I keep in my shower. In either case I consider my beard prepared and ready to go.

(No Talking...Just Shaving!)
https://youtu.be/r4cNEAOCckg

Up and shaving before the rooster even crows.

Up and shaving before the rooster even crows.
You betcha. I think the shower wakes him up. That beast will occasionally decide to start crowing in the middle of the night or very early morning, I take great pride in being able to return the favor.

Great shave and video Chris!

For some reason though you remind me of this guy on the left:

Nice Chris, those looked like some super smooth strokes!

Nice shave Chris. I never thought of a wash cloth to help get better grip before.

Your faces aren't as funny looking as Dave's! We won't talk about mine though....

Watch for future vids, I’ll likely impress y’all with a plethora of exotic shave faces. I like to think of the faces as a sort or ritual that is required by the gods of shaving (proraso & Saponificio-gods of lather, Sheffield-god of steel & pinaud- the green goddess of smelling good) to get the best shave possible. Failure to make the proper order of faces results in a visit from Murphy

Yes Murphy definitely likes to show up on days you don't make the faces. He also likes to show up on days that I use a particular razor that I never muted the tip on. He uses one of those red teachers pens to show me where I wasn't paying attention to the tip.
1f604.png

Nice shave Chris. I never thought of a wash cloth to help get better grip before.

The cloth I am using was inspired by DrMatt’s daughter’s cloths he demonstrated some time ago. The idea just made sense and i’ve Adopted it as part of my routine. Today, I finally broke down and ordered a set (5) for $19.95 plus $3 shipping. If you are a DrMatt follower you may have heard him mention a special “giveaway” in his most recent vid, free shipping if you mention the key word. I have ordered mine and used the key word BUT I have not gotten permission for his daughter (Sofia) to share her email address here. I assume she will not mind but until I hear back from her i’ll Keep it quiet. Once I am sure she’s ok with her email being shared here on TSC I’ll post a thread I’m the appropriate place.
EDIT: Sophia gave me permission to share her info here and reminded me that the cloths have been redesign/improved. Email sweetpiggy1@gmail.com and include “Sophia rules” in the subject to get 5 cloths for $19.95 with free shipping. Please mention the TSC forum if ordering. This offer is limited so don’t expect the free shipping if you wait a week or two to order.

A question over in Josh’s video prompted me to insert an edit in my first post, explaining that I prep my beard in the shower using pre-shave soap or brush and lather. I do this so I get the benefit of a good HOT prep but also the comfort of a cool water rinse just before shaving. I don’t particularly care for the hot water while shaving. Since I face lather, I get the additional benefit of more prep just prior to the shave.
If I were to shave without a shower (it happens) I would face lather or use pre-shave soap and let it rest on my face for a minute while I lay out my gear. I prefer to NOT use a hot towel ...because I don’t like it. I have done an ice cold towel over lather prep, that I really enjoy, it feels great.

A question over in Josh’s video prompted me to insert an edit in my first post, explaining that I prep my beard in the shower using pre-shave soap or brush and lather. I do this so I get the benefit of a good HOT prep but also the comfort of a cool water rinse just before shaving. I don’t particularly care for the hot water while shaving. Since I face lather, I get the additional benefit of more prep just prior to the shave.
If I were to shave without a shower (it happens) I would face lather or use pre-shave soap and let it rest on my face for a minute while I lay out my gear. I prefer to NOT use a hot towel ...because I don’t like it. I have done an ice cold towel over lather prep, that I really enjoy, it feels great.

Completely makes sense! I really can't do cold water shaves or rinses in Louisiana except for our very short lived winters. I guess I could get a bucket or some other container with some ice water...but that seems like too much work for me. Either way...I love your shave process...and I LOVE the vigor of your lathering techniques and the application of the after shave!

Back