The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

CBL knots

CBLindsay

I Blame Dave
Owner
Legacy
Since I am only making 5 of each of these knots available (for now) I figured I would post them here on the TSC first to give everyone a here a head start before I post them on my website. Might I suggest you inquire with our vendor @Knothead or @Graydog if you want a fancy handle (or I can supply an ultra awesome butterscotch acrylic...truly awesome, for an additional $10 but I only have a couple).

Boar knot- 24mm x 80-85mm (5mm glue base). A most excellent replacement for the original Rubberset 400 boar knot. Very dense, bleached white, no funk. I can/will post a photo of the full bloom but the amount of bloom/splay will depend a little on how deep you set. And how you use and dry the brush. The length is perfect for mug lathering and it is a GREAT lathering knot.
PRICE $15. Private Message me if interested this will not be listed on my website for sale...yet. Shipping cost will be actual cost (probably around $4)

badger knot -26mm super huh density fan shape 67mm loft. These knots have awesome quality hooked tip/gel tip bristles that behave like they are broken in from the first use. Very minor natural funk but clean, lather a few times to get rid of the minimal smell. These are super high density knots, if you set them deep you get a dense lather hog...set them very shallow and you get a super splay with lots of density that lathers like a beast. 26mm is quite large, definitely bigger than you expect from such a small measurement. Pure pleasure, really soft tips.
PRICE $50 Private message me if interested this will not be listed on my website for sale ...yet. I will pay the shipping if you buy this one. Buy BOTH for $65 and I’ll pay shipping.
*note boar is 24mm badger is 26mm the drilled out hole in your brush should be the right size for the brush. I definitely think the badger would be best with a hole that is at least 27-28mm ...but what do 8F930881-3A8F-4A22-BA5B-CFB6CF407CBD.jpegF47EA1D4-CCC2-4CFE-BE37-13F5BD29A748.jpeg9F221D26-C700-43B3-B2FD-CC38F51BAAC3.jpegi
5527EAD5-488A-4ECD-BEDA-D22ECE13A0A8.jpeg

8F930881-3A8F-4A22-BA5B-CFB6CF407CBD.jpeg

F47EA1D4-CCC2-4CFE-BE37-13F5BD29A748.jpeg
9F221D26-C700-43B3-B2FD-CC38F51BAAC3.jpeg
I set the badger very shallow to allow it to splay, I did not want to maximize the density. I love the way it lathers and still has volume and density.

After New Years I will get these bad boys up on my website and/or eBay. And yes, these are made for me by the same people who have been making me brushes for more than a year (and who supplied the TSC anniversary brush) and yes, I will continue to offer knots, razors and odd gear in small quantities on my website although I am NOT making that a major focus of my business. I am just using my connections to make some good stuff available at reasonable prices.

Back