The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Caribbean Cooking: The Naparima Girls' High School Cookbook

woodpusher

TSC’s International Man of Meh
On tonight's "old man" Zoom call, we started discussing curry's (and many other things! You should join us if you haven't done so before. ) and @The Monkey (aka John of the facial hair that Chad wishes he could emulate :p ) asked about recipes and such, as my wife is from Trinidad.

Here's THE BOOK that forms the staple of many Trini households ...
1599441956642.png

Trinidad and Tobago saw many colonial owners over the years and the English, French and Spanish left their marks on the twin island's cuisine, as did the East Indians and Africans that were "imported" to work the sugar cane and other fields. Many Chinese also came to this wonderful country that is just off the coast of Venezuela, and you'll find everything and anything in this book. From curried chicken to fried rice to oxtail to scones, this book exemplifies the culinary fusion that is Trini cooking. Yes, you'll also find various roti recipies as well as those lovely "doubles" and how to make pepper sauce.

Last edited:
On tonight's "old man" Zoom call, we started discussing curry's (and many other things! You should join us if you haven't done so before. ) and @The Monkey (aka John of the facial hair that Chad wishes he could emulate :p ) asked about recipes and such, as my wife is from Trinidad.

Here's THE BOOK that forms the staple of many Trini households ...
View attachment 34688

Trinidad and Tobago saw many colonial owners over the years and the English, French and Spanish left their marks on the twin island's cuisine, as did the East Indians and Africans that were "imported" to work the sugar cane and other fields. Many Chinese also came to this wonderful country that is just off the coat of Venezuela, and you'll find everything and anything is this book.

From curried chicken to fried rice to oxtail to scones, this book exemplifies the culinary fusion that is Trini cooking. Yes, you'll also find various roti recipies as well as those lovely "doubles" and how to make pepper sauce.
awesome! Sam, could you reload the picture though. The scratch and sniff function isn't working.

You gotta hunt around. Like anything, you'll find some price gougers out there. As for curries powders, if you're cooking Trini, I recommend using CHIEF brand. Almost all West Indies curries are much milder than East Indian curry powders.

I'll post up a few recipes over time.

You gotta hunt around. Like anything, you'll find some price gougers out there. As for curries powders, if you're cooking Trini, I recommend using CHIEF brand. Almost all West Indies curries are much milder than East Indian curry powders.

I'll post up a few recipes over time.
giphy (1).gif
I mean....
ht01734_anime2.gif

Back