The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Caisson Shaving Company?

Luecke3262

“I am the Grail Razor Hunter”
Hobbyist
I started seeing Facebook ads for The Caisson Shaving company. Has anyone tried them yet? They are veteran owned and seem pretty cool.

I have not - but I looked them up - they have a Citrus based scent for one of their soaps - so you know they must be good 😂

Looks to be a pretty interesting company - worth a try - I looked at their ingredients - I don’t think they are listed in order of % ingredients- but look to be pretty solid middle of the road soap

As a part of my due diligence as the Owner / Founder of Caisson Shaving Company, I had been scouring the internet to see what news or conversations ever pop up regarding the company. Needless to say when I saw this thread, I felt the urge to introduce myself!

I am Travis Arnold and as you can assume, I am a US Army Veteran. I served from 2001 until 2013, primarily in the Field Artillery branch. I'm glad to see that you have picked up on some of the military jargon that I've used in my branding. I also wanted to counter some of the discussions regarding my "over the top" naming of the Pink Mist shaving soap. First off, I know there will be some bleed over (no pun intended) from my products which are primarily targeted and marketed towards our military / service members onto the general civilian population. I fully expect that when this happens, phrases like "BOHICA" - Bend Over, Here It Comes Again and "Pink Mist" might catch a negative opinion or two. To be honest, I am fine with that. Humor in the military (also in Law Enforcement, which I served for 10 years as a Deputy Sheriff) can be very dark and off-putting to those looking from the outside.

Please keep in mind, this humor (regardless of the tone) is a coping mechanism and there have been extensive research on how this dark humor is what helps our troops and public safety professionals manage the traumatic stress they encounter.

Enough about that though... What I am actually most excited about is that the wet shaving community has taken notice! I am without a doubt not an artisan by any means, nor do I desire to ever be compared to some of the amazingly talented soap makers out there. My mission and goal was to provide quality wet shaving products at an affordable price for the guys that are forced to shave everyday - even while deployed and in austere conditions. Making a main stream shaving brand that introduces our troops into the realm of wet shaving is our 100% focus. I can happily report that as of today, July 7th, our products are now on the shelves at the PXs (Post Exchanges ... like the Walmart on military bases) at 36 different Army / Air Force bases around the globe!
On that note, I'd be happy to answer any questions you have about our products, including the soap bases / ingredients that we use! If you wish to reach out to me directly, my email address is: travis@caisson-shaving.com or send me a text message: 949-310-2529.
I encourage any of you to try out our products (especially the Fire For Effect soap!!!) If you don't love it, send me a message and I'll refund you right away.

Cordially,
Travis Arnold

Cordially,

Travis Arnold

Last edited by a moderator:
As a part of my due diligence as the Owner / Founder of Caisson Shaving Company, I had been scouring the internet to see what news or conversations ever pop up regarding the company. Needless to say when I saw this thread, I felt the urge to introduce myself!

I am Travis Arnold and as you can assume, I am a US Army Veteran. I served from 2001 until 2013, primarily in the Field Artillery branch. I'm glad to see that you have picked up on some of the military jargon that I've used in my branding. I also wanted to counter some of the discussions regarding my "over the top" naming of the Pink Mist shaving soap. First off, I know there will be some bleed over (no pun intended) from my products which are primarily targeted and marketed towards our military / service members onto the general civilian population. I fully expect that when this happens, phrases like "BOHICA" - Bend Over, Here It Comes Again and "Pink Mist" might catch a negative opinion or two. To be honest, I am fine with that. Humor in the military (also in Law Enforcement, which I served for 10 years as a Deputy Sheriff) can be very dark and off-putting to those looking from the outside.

Please keep in mind, this humor (regardless of the tone) is a coping mechanism and there have been extensive research on how this dark humor is what helps our troops and public safety professionals manage the traumatic stress they encounter.

Cordially,

Travis Arnold
Welcome to the forum Travis! Thank you for providing some color to the brand. And for doing what you do.

Cordially,

Travis Arnold
Hi Travis,
First and most importantly, let me thank you for your service.

Welcome and I hope you stick around. I just checked out your website and I could not resist a soap called “BOHICA”. I work for a satellite company with a bunch of ex-military communications guys and BOHICA is heard often. Code Four sounds pretty good to, I am looking forward to trying them both.

If I may suggest a new scent, how about a “Jungle“ theme Fougere called FUBAR.

- Mike

Hey Travis! Welcome to The Cadre! Good to see you here and joining us as a Vendor. It's great to be able to talk to the makers themselves about their products. I think you'll find the feedback you get from the fine members of The Cadre to be very useful too. There's a lot of experience here.

Humor in the military (also in Law Enforcement, which I served for 10 years as a Deputy Sheriff) can be very dark and off-putting to those looking from the outside.
Trust me I get military humor. I retired from the Air Force in 2014. Tony is also a Veteran. We just don't like the name. It doesn't bring up good memories. The rest of your theme is good and I like the names. I fully support Military made artisan products, and I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with your themes and brand!

at 36 different Army / Air Force bases around the globe!
Do you know which ones? I'm at Whiteman AFB.

Hey Travis! Welcome to The Cadre! Good to see you here and joining us as a Vendor. It's great to be able to talk to the makers themselves about their products. I think you'll find the feedback you get from the fine members of The Cadre to be very useful too. There's a lot of experience here.

Trust me I get military humor. I retired from the Air Force in 2014. Tony is also a Veteran. We just don't like the name. It doesn't bring up good memories. The rest of your theme is good and I like the names. I fully support Military made artisan products, and I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with your themes and brand!

Do you know which ones? I'm at Whiteman AFB.

I've tried to translate the list a bit, but this is the information I was provided:

CMP MAIN STORE (Fort Campbell) HOOD NEW CC MAIN STO (Fort Hood) JBSA-LCK MAIN STORE (JBSA Lackland AFB) JBSA-RAN MAIN STORE (JBSA Randolph) JBSA-SAM NEW MAIN STORE (Fort Sam Houston) LEONARDW MAIN STORE (Ft. Leonardwood) BEL NEW MAIN STORE (Ft. Belvoir) BEN MAIN EXCHANGE (Ft. Benning) BRAGG N MAIN SHOP CT (Ft. Bragg) BUCHAN MAIN STORE (Fort Buchanan) GORDON MAIN STORE (Fort Gordon) MACDILL MAIN STORE (MacDill AFB) NEW MEADE MAIN STORE (Ft. Meade) GRAFENWOEHR MAIN STO LAKENHEATH MAIN STOR PANZER MAIN STORE RAMSTEIN KMC MAIN ST SPANGDAHLEM MAIN STO VICENZA MAIN STORE WIES HAIN SHOP CENTE MISAWA MAIN STORE RT OKI FOSTER MAIN STOR OKI KADENA MSTORE OSN MAINSTORE YOKOTA MAIN STORE BLSC EXCH MAIN STORE (Fort Bliss) CARSON MAIN STORE (Fort Carson) JBLM-LEW MAIN STORE (JBLM) JBLM-MCH MAIN STORE (JBLM) NELLIS MAIN STORE SCHOFIELD MAIN STORE TRAVIS AFB MAIN STOR HUMP MAIN STORE POLK MAIN STORE IRWIN MAIN STORE

Well, I see both points. I am also retired Air Force, and The uniqueness of my position I have seen the “pink mist” 1st hand up close and through a scope. I also understand the dark humor and how it also helps cope.

I've tried to translate the list a bit, but this is the information I was provided:

CMP MAIN STORE (Fort Campbell) HOOD NEW CC MAIN STO (Fort Hood) JBSA-LCK MAIN STORE (JBSA Lackland AFB) JBSA-RAN MAIN STORE (JBSA Randolph) JBSA-SAM NEW MAIN STORE (Fort Sam Houston) LEONARDW MAIN STORE (Ft. Leonardwood) BEL NEW MAIN STORE (Ft. Belvoir) BEN MAIN EXCHANGE (Ft. Benning) BRAGG N MAIN SHOP CT (Ft. Bragg) BUCHAN MAIN STORE (Fort Buchanan) GORDON MAIN STORE (Fort Gordon) MACDILL MAIN STORE (MacDill AFB) NEW MEADE MAIN STORE (Ft. Meade) GRAFENWOEHR MAIN STO LAKENHEATH MAIN STOR PANZER MAIN STORE RAMSTEIN KMC MAIN ST SPANGDAHLEM MAIN STO VICENZA MAIN STORE WIES HAIN SHOP CENTE MISAWA MAIN STORE RT OKI FOSTER MAIN STOR OKI KADENA MSTORE OSN MAINSTORE YOKOTA MAIN STORE BLSC EXCH MAIN STORE (Fort Bliss) CARSON MAIN STORE (Fort Carson) JBLM-LEW MAIN STORE (JBLM) JBLM-MCH MAIN STORE (JBLM) NELLIS MAIN STORE SCHOFIELD MAIN STORE TRAVIS AFB MAIN STOR HUMP MAIN STORE POLK MAIN STORE IRWIN MAIN STORE
Honestly I just noticed you here.... I have been on / served at some of the bases you have listed. I did Basic @ Fort Leonardwood ,MO Jump School at Benning , GA AIT Ft Lee Va. , Stationed at Fort Bragg NC and several other places for training for Spec Ops.. I like some of the names you picked for your products and some I could do without EVER having to think of again. I will have to try some of your stuff at some point.. Also I don't use the canned reply we here for having served , I will just say , thank you. which I much prefer to hear ....

Back