The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

"Budget Friendly" Appreciation Shaves ( Permanent Thread )

I will try to take photos. I'm not always good at remembering to bring my phone into the shave den.

No brush used. With the exception of my razor, this is about as cheap as you can get.
1E54DF02-13E2-41CF-ADE3-1582ED0B3870.jpeg

39F34D8F-06BB-4334-9A94-4ED7B882598E.jpeg
I think I make it today for nearly all items:
Brush: Omega Jade (just under $20 back when I bought it due to exchange rates/no VAT)
Soap: Geo F. Trumper Officer and Gentlemens refill puck $13
Razor: Gillette Super Blue Tech $5.95
Blade: Wilkinson Sword $0.44
Balm: Nivea Balm (bought in Italy and gifted to me) €??
Aftershave: Aqua Velva aftershave $12
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Ceramic Standard $0 (thrown in as a gift from Scott “the Captain” when I bought a more expensive copper bowl from him)

Why didn't you use a brush? As stated in the first post, the $20 limit applies to software only.
I didn’t do it to try to be cheaper. I’m doing my entire Williams challenge with no brush.

I didn’t do it to try to be cheaper. I’m doing my entire Williams challenge with no brush.
That's the most Rock-N-Roll thing I've read in a long time!

giphy-downsized.gif

He's being modest.

He totally invented a new way to use Williams. You just rub the puck on your wet face and hand lather. I call it the Spider Williams method and its genius. Very little soap used and its always super slick. A Williams puck may end up getting more than 100 shaves out of it.

Day 2.
  • Taylor of Old Bond Street "Lime Zest" Shave Cream - $18.84
  • RazoRock "Evil Eye Lime" After Shave Tonic - $9.99

IMG-1800.jpg

No picture today, but nearly the same setup as yesterday:

Razor: Gillette Super Blue Tech $5.95
Blade: Wilkinson Sword , 4th use $0.44
Brush: Omega 011842 Premium Jade ~$20
Bowl: Captain’s Choice Standard “Rawhide” Bowl $0
Preshave: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Tube 2.0 Soap $7.95
Soap: Geo. F. Trumper Officers And Gentlemens Puck $13
Balm: Nivea Aftershave Balm €?

250C3A39-C87E-4C78-ADA5-5AD7B8AEE8A4.jpeg
Misquoted price of the PAA preshave soap; it’s actually $10.95. Still each individual item in the set up comes in at or under the $20 mark.

Also, a suggestion for next month. In April can we do a soigné week (like the total opposite of this week, all of our priciest stuff just as a direct contrast/comparison?)

Back