The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Brush of the Day

If that is how you got it, you got a broken in brush complete with split ends. Nice.
Hey @Spider, I used the B&B Essential Boar today for the first time. I gave it one lather yesterday then used it today. Oh my, this is gonna be great! My one previous boar experience was an unpleasant one a few years ago. This baby is soft & plush. I was not expecting this on its maiden voyage. This is gonna be fun! Thanks for selling them to me.

Brush of the day: Omega B & B Essential Boar
View attachment 25958

If that is how you got it, you got a broken in brush complete with split ends. Nice.
It's a terrific brush. That picture is after the first lather. It's not at all like my previous experience with boar, 25 - 30 shaves in & it still felt like a wire brush. This one use has me sold on boar. Here's a picture of what it looked like when I received it a couple of days ago, before I lathered it.
IMG_2794.jpg
And here it is after one test lather & one shave.
IMG_2810.jpg

It's a terrific brush. That picture is after the first lather. It's not at all like my previous experience with boar, 25 - 30 shaves in & it still felt like a wire brush. This one use has me sold on boar. Here's a picture of what it looked like when I received it a couple of days ago, before I lathered it.
View attachment 26115
View attachment 26116
Very impressive. I have a B&B 10th Anniversary Essential Boar brush that I bought new and am still working in. It is no where near what you have in hand from day one. I also have a Semogue Owners Club boar brush that is broken in and wonderful to use. In order to get it that way, I had to use the refrigerator soaking method if you are familiar with that approach. After 3-4 days in and out of the frig and a number of uses thereafter it finally began to exhibit split ends. In other words I had to put in the effort to get it that way.

View attachment 26115
View attachment 26116
That ain't normal but glad it's working for you. Those were solid boar brushes.

Back