The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Brush of the Day

Thater 4125 Fan ,3-Band Super Badger, 24/52
17a593781c312786ff46f4414c347c39.jpg

Sent from my SM-A526U using Tapatalk

Could you say why you believe someone other than Simson made the knot? Is it the shape, feel or something else? I sure would appreciate your comments on this.
First it is a nice bulb shape, they never had such a bulb shape. The knot has not the typical density other Simpson Chubbies have. Thirdly, someone on a different forum posted his brush where the knot had fallen out: looked like the typical short glue plug that a Chinese knot normally has. I have restored many Chubbies, and the hole is normally 20-25 mm deep, and the knots has a couple of string ties and also sits the 20-25 mm deep inside the handle. Freed my share of these knots from broken handles, and always the knots were like I described.

First it is a nice bulb shape, they never had such a bulb shape. The knot has not the typical density other Simpson Chubbies have. Thirdly, someone on a different forum posted his brush where the knot had fallen out: looked like the typical short glue plug that a Chinese knot normally has. I have restored many Chubbies, and the hole is normally 20-25 mm deep, and the knots has a couple of string ties and also sits the 20-25 mm deep inside the handle. Freed my share of these knots from broken handles, and always the knots were like I described.
Thanks so much for answering my question. I thought the bulb shape looked a little odd coming from Simson, but would never have known about the knot depth.

Back