The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Brush of the Day

Big brush!! :oops:
It's a bowl-lathering monster!

giphy.gif

Semogue "Semogue Owners Club" Boar. Cherry handle

I'm really liking this brush!! I may have another (orange resin SOC) on the way from Connaught. I pushed the buy button too soon on my phone when we were in the desert last weekend. Bought from UK, then found it in the US. Oh, well. Last purchase from UK during pandemic took 1 month exactly. We'll see how long this takes. :unsure:

By the way, if you haven't already seen it, there's an excellent boar brush primer available at several of the internet fora. It's prolly 10 years old posted by a guy named Zach. Called something like "a beginner's guide to boar brushes". I found it useful and refer to it often. Good reference for breaking in boar brushes, etc. YMMV.

I'm really liking this brush!! I may have another (orange resin SOC) on the way from Connaught. I pushed the buy button too soon on my phone when we were in the desert last weekend. Bought from UK, then found it in the US. Oh, well. Last purchase from UK during pandemic took 1 month exactly. We'll see how long this takes. :unsure:

By the way, if you haven't already seen it, there's an excellent boar brush primer available at several of the internet fora. It's prolly 10 years old posted by a guy named Zach. Called something like "a beginner's guide to boar brushes". I found it useful and refer to it often. Good reference for breaking in boar brushes, etc. YMMV.
Semogue brushes IME don't need much break-in. For others I like to use the rapid break-in w/ ice water method.

Back