The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bruce solidarity shave this Thursday

Bruce:
@Graybeard57

Hope your recovery is going well, and we look forward to having you, your wit, and even your minimalistic shaves, back on the forum (well maybe not the minimalism. 🤓

Just so you know there are people from all over, are praying for your speedy recovery. These are from my YouTube page

IMG_0826.jpeg

IMG_0825.jpeg
See you soon!

May.19 37C/Astra SP(1) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

To offset the bland, scentless shaves of just about everyone else, it was another in-your-face blast of mint for my noon-ish shave today. I think I could get used to this! After all, I used Proraso green and Bigelow (same thing) for years, even in the dead of winter.

May.19 37C/Astra SP(1) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

To offset the bland, scentless shaves of just about everyone else, it was another in-your-face blast of mint for my noon-ish shave today. I think I could get used to this! After all, I used Proraso green and Bigelow (same thing) for years, even in the dead of winter.
Meh …

Meh,meh

20 May, 2023

Day 3 of the "Bruce Solidarity Shaves" and for today I went with the vintage Colgate Cup Soap. Like the Crabtree & Evelyn soap yesterday, this soap has lost all of whatever scent it may have had. The lather though was incredible! More so than yesterday's. Two passes with the Tatara Masamune and I finished with some of the Duke Cannon "Ice Cold" ASB. Again, no fragrance today. Bruce / @Graybeard57 hope you're doing well, brother.

Colgate Cup Soap / Semogue SOC Mistura Badger Boar Mix Brush / Tatara Masamune
Polsilver /
Alum / Duke Cannon "Ice Cold" After Shave Balm

IMG-2233.jpg

BIG NEWS:

Hey everybody. Great news.

I received a voice mail from Bruce this morning. He is doing well, the procedure went well. He is still in ICU, but hoping to be in "Step Down" soon. Hopefully by next weekend he will be home, but he is doing very well. He wanted me to Thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers and support, and is looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. I know many of you were concerned and wanted to post this update. Will post more as it is warranted, as I will speak with him again, I am sure, next week.

Thanks TSC , you folks are the best

PS: over the next few days we will be probably moving these threads, into Bruce's Journal, so he can enjoy them there and have an archive in his own thread

Cheers

BIG NEWS:

Hey everybody. Great news.

I received a voice mail from Bruce this morning. He is doing well, the procedure went well. He is still in ICU, but hoping to be in "Step Down" soon. Hopefully by next weekend he will be home, but he is doing very well. He wanted me to Thank everyone for their thoughts, prayers and support, and is looking forward to getting back into the swing of things. I know many of you were concerned and wanted to post this update. Will post more as it is warranted, as I will speak with him again, I am sure, next week.

Thanks TSC , you folks are the best

PS: over the next few days we will be probably moving these threads, into Bruce's Journal, so he can enjoy them there and have an archive in his own thread

Cheers
Great news indeed!!

Back