The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bruce solidarity shave this Thursday

Solidarity Shave for Bruce

Razor: Gillette Red Tip Super Speed
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synth
Lather: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Aftershave: Nivea 2 in 1
2ca262f632cca1b30a410c8fbf59193e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

A fine Williams, nearly scent free, shave this morning in solidarity with our brother Bruce. Didn't even use any aftershave. I smell like Heysi....and nothing else.

Heal up soon, sir. We'll be waiting for an update.

18 May, 2023

Hello Cadre! Hope you had a pleasant evening.

Taking part in the "Bruce Solidarity Shave" this morning. Not completely scent free, but the MWF soap is very lightly scented and could almost pass (depending on your sensitivity), as unscented. Will continue the solidarity shaves through Saturday and will get things more scent-free for the next two. Bruce / @Graybeard57 you're in my thoughts, brother! Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Hope you have a great day. :)

Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap / Riva Brushes Manchurian Badger / Tatara Masamune / Polsilver
Alum / Floid Vigoroso After Shave Splash / Prada "Prada L'Homme" EdT

IMG-2217.jpg

Today’s strongly scented shave goes out to a Bruce guy I know.:

Gear: Tedalus Essence, Feather ProGuard blade, Yaqi Moka synth brush, CBL Hombres soap, homemade witch hazel/aloe, Nivea Sensitive AS Balm, Fine Platinum AS, and Dior Sauvage Elixir to finish!

Nuclear status! Proven to be 1000xs more effective than smelling salts at rousing people in recovery!

giphy.gif

See you when you wake up buddy!

37C/Astra SP(3) .............. Paladin Sumo ........... TFS Rasozero Spiffero ............ Clubman milk

KA-POW!!! As they would say in the old, campy Batman TV show. This is a definite uptick in strength of scent from the Barbacco and the cooling mint hits you like Proraso Green on steroids! A great choice to last through the coming months on summer heat.

It seems like @GearNoir and I are the only ones that know that Bruce WANTS to use scented stuff ... except for Cella, but his nose is wonky whan it comes to Italian sweet almonds! He just doesn't use them because he fears loves his wife so much.

19 May, 2023

Day 2 of 3 in the "Bruce Solidarity Shaves" and this morning I went with the vintage Crabtree & Evelyn "Soap For Men" shave soap which, in the intervening years (think I figured out that it dates back from the late 80's) has all but become unscented. There's still a small hint of something there (maybe it's just the base), but I can't tell what its or what it was even supposed to smell like. Great lather though, built with the RazoRock "Chubby Extra" brush for two passes with the Blackland "Era" (+ touch-up) and I finished with a splash of ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Clean" skin food from their "Pure Collection". No fragrance. Bruce / @Graybeard57 hope you're on the mend, brother! Continuing to hold you in my thoughts.

Crabtree & Evelyn "Soap for Men" Shave Soap / RazoRock "Chubby Extra" ST Badger / Blackland Razors "Era"
Gillette Wilkinson Sword /
Alum / ETHOS Grooming Essentials "Clean" Skin Food Splash

IMG-2224.jpg

Back