The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

BowtieRN's SRS journey

BowtieRN

Shave Member
Veteran
I just had my first Straight razor shave. I think it went really well. I did one pass going down and one cross face. I definitely don't have a good technique for the chin yet. The gear was great though. GD300 honed by Frank. I filmed the shave and put it on my YouTube page. More for me to watch to see how my technique looks. Thank you @BarberDave for your video series.
FullSizeR.jpg

You can link your page through the Member Video Section, however before posting any link to your channel make sure it follows our guidelines, as just yourtube links are not allowed to be posted for personal pages here on the cadre unless they are posted in the member video section and abide by TOU guidelines,, Thanks for the shoutout as well, and just keep practicing, dont rush and follow a system you are comfortable with. Look forward to your progress

You can link your page through the Member Video Section, however before posting any link to your channel make sure it follows our guidelines, as just yourtube links are not allowed to be posted for personal pages here on the cadre unless they are posted in the member video section and abide by TOU guidelines,, Thanks for the shoutout as well, and just keep practicing, dont rush and follow a system you are comfortable with. Look forward to your progress
I am not smart enough to find the Member video section. Any hints?

Trying to find where Member video section is so I can post the link without being banned. YouTube user is bowtiern8282
You can do it! Congrats on making that first video of your first shave!!

Welcome to the fold, we are glad to have new straight razor users! Careful, they are like Pringles, "once you pop, you just can't stop." buying straight razors.... lol

@BowtieRN
I looked up your vid and subscribed.
I gotta say, nicely done.
You appear to have great foundation techniques of low angle, light touch and stretching the skin. They will serve you well.

How about posting the YT link here. Tried to find your channel. Failed. A link?
I checked with the moderators and I can't post it here. It got removed. I will post it over in the member video section soon, but I had surgery Tuesday, so I am only checking this site with my phone. As soon as I can use my laptop, I will be able to add it.

How about posting the YT link here. Tried to find your channel. Failed. A
I checked with the moderators and I can't post it here. It got removed. I will post it over in the member video section soon, but I had surgery Tuesday, so I am only checking this site with my phone. As soon as I can use my laptop, I will be able to add it.
Just to clarify once a video is posted in the video section and it follows the video TOU, per our conversations then you can include the YT username in your signature line

Thanks

Back