The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bleu de Chanel

clyde72

Almond Milk Lattes are my POWER
Legacy
I was shopping around and discovered that there are 3 different versions of Bleu de Chanel. I did not know this. Each one appears to be a different scent. Which one(s) do you have? If you have more than one, Which do you prefer? Why?

Bleu de Chanel Parfum (2018)
Top Notes
Citrus
Heart Notes
Lavender, Geranium
Base notes
Cedarwood, Sandalwood

Bleu de Chanel Eau De Parfum Pour Homme (2014)
Top Notes
Bergamot, Lemon, Grapefruit, Vetiver, Pink pepper, Marine accord
Heart Notes
Grapefruit, Cedarwood, Labdanum, Peppermint, Nutmeg, Ginger, Jasmine
Base notes
Frankincense, Ginger, New Caledonian Sandalwood, Amber wood

Bleu de Chanel Eau de Toilette (2010)
Top Notes

Grapefruit, Lemon, Sweet orange, Mint, Nutmeg, Pink Peppercorn
Heart Notes
Jasmine, Ginger, Cedarwood, Vetiver
Base Notes
Labdanum, Frankincense, Patchouli, Sandalwood

Wow! I had no idea! And that was one I was considering buying! Thanks Craig for the info!

Interesting. I’ve had mine for some time. It’s the EdT and I use it as a slightly peppery scent. I’ll have to check out the others.

General consensus is that the EdP is the more desirable of the three; better reactions from people around you and longer lasting.

TBF, I haven't smelled any but the EdP, so I can't give a personal comparison between the two, from a scent perspective. But, EdT vs. EdP is a comparison between two different concentrations. EdP's (anywhere from 15-25% EO/FO concentration) typically have a higher concentration of EO/FO's than an EdT (10-15% concentration). That doesn't necessarily make them stronger or more specifically better performing scents, as an Eau Fraiche (typically only 5-10% EO/FO) with the right type of scent profile might last the entire day.

Back