The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bingo

Bingo?

• Do a game but keep it one area of the site like Soaps for example

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Goodbye Bingo

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CVargo

“Ya… Chris, Dave, It really is my fault"
Owner
Legacy
Well I have had a few people reach out, and I think some are beginning to feel a little burned out. Bingo is definitely fun and something I would like to see continue as it is unique so please answer the poll and feel free to elaborate in comment.

Personally if there is a game going i will play but for the health of the game as a whole, a break might be a good idea.

Edit: Plus, what fun is a Bingo game called by @The Monkey if his hands are tied?

I think many have bingo fatigue. The signups have been dropping. I think a break would be as healthy thing.

Actually don't know how to answer this one. Personally, the searching etc usually frustrates me because of the time it takes, but I know that some folks really enjoy that aspect. I would have to think that partly excludes folks that don't have time to spend hunting down the calls or just don't want to spend their time doing that. To make it more inclusive, just standard calls might be better. But again, I know that takes away some for others. I guess it depends on what the purpose of the game is. A challenging puzzle game with a possible win at the end or something meant to include everyone.

I haven't played in a while simply due to not having the time to hunt down calls. I always enjoyed the games that I played, however. I may play again in the future when I have more time to hunt calls.

I have pretty much the same sentiments as @NurseDave. I like doing puzzles and such, but spending an hour hunting through every possible post just got to be a grind, especially when lots of false calls came in to play.

That said, I don't see any point in restricting the game to any individual's tastes. I've got an idea of what games to jump into and which to view from the sidelines and it's totally cool with me.

I reckon the break would be a good move though.

One thing we may want to think about is how to get new people interested. I feel like our games have been largely the same somewhat small group even as the Cadre itself has steadily grown. I know that it's not everyone idea of fun but we almost never have new folks jump in. Maybe we should have a more limited game focused on the basics and introducing people new to the concept in a less crazy environment and then have the Big leagues version where we can feel free to kinda go crazy with it.

One thing we may want to think about is how to get new people interested. I feel like our games have been largely the same somewhat small group even as the Cadre itself has steadily grown. I know that it's not everyone idea of fun but we almost never have new folks jump in. Maybe we should have a more limited game focused on the basics and introducing people new to the concept in a less crazy environment and then have the Big leagues version where we can feel free to kinda go crazy with it.
I wondered when someone would recommend normal bingo and bingo on steroids........ I like in between 😜

I wondered when someone would recommend normal bingo and bingo on steroids........ I like in between 😜
so you'll just play both then? 🤪

and i don't know about "normal" bingo. I was thinking more of an intro to forum bingo just LESS brain melty. So still hidden calls but maybe the calls will be under certain subject matter only on the forum to narrow the posts that need to be checked.

I think a break is good; maybe when we start back up, as Kyle says, slowly ramp it back up. Maybe the first game or two keep it contained to the Bingo thread itself with some regular calls and some brain teasers, then the next game introduce time travel, then open it back up to full forum again if the interest is there.

tl;dr - let me win prizes but don’t let me call.

Several times I've actually thought it would be cool to do a live bingo with KJ using the big machine and all. But I don't think you can YouTube live any more.

Several times I've actually thought it would be cool to do a live bingo with KJ using the big machine and all. But I don't think you can YouTube live any more.
you can from a PC. just not mobile. Could always link to a FB page too.

Back