The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Big News from Spider!!!

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
So, if you haven't seen the announcement from FB yet, Amber @Ambalance and I are engaged!

We attended the live showing of the Rocky Horror Show in Kansas City on Halloween. If you know the film or the stage show, you know the song Dammit Janet from the beginning of the movie. In that scene, Brad proposes to Janet...

Well at the same time as Brad, I got down on one knee, and sang along with him:

"Here's a ring to prove that I'm no joker.
There's three ways that love can grow
That's good, bad or mediocre
Oh A-M-B-E-R I love you so!"

She was caught completely off guard, and actually though I was doing a bit (as is common with the show... to sing along or act out parts of it). After she asked if I was serious, She Said Yes!! She was still in disbelief for at least the next hour.

A Halloween Wedding is in our future.
IMG_0175.jpegIMG_0179.jpegIMG_0187.jpegIMG_0191.jpeg

Sharon and I both agree….. it is about time!!! Congrats

Congratulations !! I agree with barber Dave when he said, "It's About Time !!!! I wish you a very happy life together !

Congrats to you both. Here's to many years of happiness.

Congrats to you both. Although I would have expected the number 42 to play into some how I think your proposal was about as perfect as it could have been.

Congrats to you both. Although I would have expected the number 42 to play into some how I think your proposal was about as perfect as it could have been.
Funny, I was thinking in terms of Hitchhikers that the term "Mostly harmless" luckily applies to KJ for Amber's sake. ;)

Yo!
Spider love is a GOOD thing!
You hit me up if you want me to bust out a horn solo at your wedding ceremony or reception!
How about a jazz/reggae version of "Spider Webs" by No Doubt? ... you name it, I'll play it!
Congratulations, sir!

PEACE!

Back