The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Big 10 Conference - the Traditional Wet Shaving Mecca?

Scuttlesoap

TSC Yoda
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
Did you ever wonder why there is such a prevalence of wet shaving product producers and sellers in states that house a Big 10 School? I know my brain works in weird ways - but it just popped in my head as a shaving thought.

We have: The Razor Company, Maggards, Apex Alchemy, Black Ship Grooming, Declaration Grooming, Through The Fire, Arsenal Grooming, Denton Majik, Catie’s Bubbles (Rutgers is in NJ), Can I credit @CBLSoap.com? (Rumors have it that USC and UCLA are on their way to the Big 10 😂), Chiseled Face, Cooper & French, Eleven, Ethos Grooming, Mike’s Natural Soaps, Oleo Soapworks/Chicago Grooming, Spearhead/Seaforth, and Zingari Man.

Seems like the Big 10 Conference has a little bit for anyone and everyone. It seems that they know a thing or two about shaving (and football and women’s volleyball).

Did you ever wonder why there is such a prevalence of wet shaving product producers and sellers in states that house a Big 10 School? I know my brain works in weird ways - but it just popped in my head as a shaving thought.

We have: The Razor Company, Maggards, Apex Alchemy, Black Ship Grooming, Declaration Grooming, Through The Fire, Arsenal Grooming, Denton Majik, Catie’s Bubbles (Rutgers is in NJ), Can I credit @CBLSoap.com? (Rumors have it that USC and UCLA are on their way to the Big 10 😂), Chiseled Face, Cooper & French, Eleven, Ethos Grooming, Mike’s Natural Soaps, Oleo Soapworks/Chicago Grooming, Spearhead/Seaforth, and Zingari Man.

Seems like the Big 10 Conference has a little bit for anyone and everyone. It seems that they know a thing or two about shaving (and football and women’s volleyball).
Maybe it is because the soap won't melt in those places.

I think it’s more simple than that. Milk a cow, make some soap. Brew some beer, Make some soap. Die from the humidity, make some soap. Twiddle our thumbs because we have nothing to do while we’re shut in our house due to snow, Make some soap. Go fishing, catch nothing, go make some soap. Think about our life choices by living in the world of the Big 10, Make some soap. Realize we have no good Mexican food, cry, cry again, make some soap

See… Simple🤪

By the way...I might add that one of the greatest...if not THE greatest suppliers of Wet Shavers and Wet Bathers (for people like me who haven't had a full face shave in over three months), and coffee lovers, Stirling Soap Co. ( @Joe Hackett), resides here in the deep south and in SEC country.

Back