The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bevel DE Razor?

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
Anybody heard of or used the Bevel DE Razor? I saw it today at the base exchange. The geometry looks interesting.

Chad, probably a blade you don’t have?

Supposedly marketed more toward those of African descent. Recently bought out by P&G I heard.

Yes appears to be marketed to gentlemen of color and has a very interesting back story. I wonder if there is truely a difference in the geometry. Looks like a nice modern razor.

Bevel Challenge Anyone?

I've seen them at a couple of Targets. Not mine locally...but when i have traveled. I think I saw some in a Target in PA just North of Pittsburgh.

I actually tried it a while back. Well, what I tried was the version from Bombay Shaving Co. Apparently this razor is made either in India or China and so you will see clones come up every once in a while. It is an extremely mild shaver, which I guess Spider will like. Not as efficient as the Mamba though. My version came with two base plates, and I found myself using the medium base plate more because it was more efficient. Overall, it is a very solid, well made, and good looking razor, but a little on the mild side. Maybe about the same as the standard issue Merkur and Muhle razors.

Back