The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Best shoes for bumming around

The Monkey

"I See the Good in Every Shave"
Legacy
Ok I admit I am way behind the times. I wear sneakers everywhere. Not because I run but because that is what I have always worn. Well my current pair is worn out and I'm thinking of stepping up my game and get a real pair of shoes. The problem is most of the real shoes I see are too fancy to wear around the yard as well as to the store.
I have nice dress shoes for more formal things but what do you all wear for everyday , everywhere, jeans and t-shirt type of life?

I simply love Danner’s. They are having a terrific sale now and I have ordered many times direct from the site posted below with no problem.

This is just an example. Other styles are available.

Chances are there is a Red Wing shop near you if you like to try things on and buy direct. They have a wide variety of styles also.

Last edited:
When not working but out and about, I’m usually wearing flip flops or my SeaVees Desert boots. The boots work well with pants or throw on a pair of no-show socks and they work with shorts too. I tuck in the laces instead of tying them…waaaay better looking.
52628821-78CC-4535-BBDF-2DEF58AF3BAB.jpeg

I am a huge fan of Hey Dude shoes right now. The absolute most comfortable shoe I have ever worn. They have a bunch of different styles too. I have the Wally Canvas Style, but they have other shoes with different materials. I also have a pair of Hey Dude boots that are perfect for jeans. You can usually find these on some kind of sale like Shoe Station too.

1649155552714.png1649155568672.png

Chad really seems to have the bumming around look down!

Helsinki is a walking town, got to have good shoes here, but I tend to go with your basic Brooks running shoes, So I’m off team cool now.
My workout shoes are closer to Spiders though, so that might earn me a couple of points back?

Chad really seems to have the bumming around look down!

Helsinki is a walking town, got to have good shoes here, but I tend to go with your basic Brooks running shoes, So I’m off team cool now.
My workout shoes are closer to Spiders though, so that might earn me a couple of points back?
I've worn Brooks Addiction running shoes for 10-12 years. Currently wearing Addiction GTS 15. Most comfortable and supportive shoes I've ever worn.

Not cheap, but less expensive than a podiatrist visit. I used to wear a pair till there was nothing left. Lately, I've been getting a new pair every 1-2 years once the support starts to noticeably degrade. As a side benefit, I now claim upper-class bum status.

1.jpg

I occasionally wear a pair of white Nike Air's to my sister's house. She informed me a few years ago that white athletic shoes were "old man" shoes. Being a good older brother, I don't want to let her down. :)

I've worn Brooks Addiction running shoes for 10-12 years. Currently wearing Addiction GTS 15. Most comfortable and supportive shoes I've ever worn.

Not cheap, but less expensive than a podiatrist visit. I used to wear a pair till there was nothing left. Lately, I've been getting a new pair every 1-2 years once the support starts to noticeably degrade. As a side benefit, I now claim upper-class bum status.

View attachment 79620

I occasionally wear a pair of white Nike Air's to my sister's house. She informed me a few years ago that white athletic shoes were "old man" shoes. Being a good older brother, I don't want to let her down. :)
You might like the Hoka Bondi 7. I switched to those from the Brooks you mentioned. I used them for the shop on my feet on hardwood floors for 13 hrs a day
1649198729662.jpeg

All you Hey Dude guys, I keep reading that these are like slippers. How durable are these? Do they wear out in a year?

Love my Tree Loungers from Allbirds. Style is similar to the Vans.

Back