The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Best Dunking Fodder

Brew

Shave Enthusiast
I used to think it was graham crackers, until I discovered biscotti. I just had a serious graham cracker failure in my coffee. Even a spoon couldn't help. What was I thinking?!

Never tried graham crackers before! For coffee I’ve done donuts, ginger crisps, Biscoff cookies, oreos, and biscotti. Nothing usually holds up as well as the hard, dense stuff like biscotti.

A lot depends on your preferred saturation and dunk time, not to mention what’s in the dunk tank (Hot? Cold? Coffee? Milk? Milkshake?). Some things just don’t hold up as well for moderately extended dunk time.

Never tried graham crackers before! For coffee I’ve done donuts, ginger crisps, Biscoff cookies, oreos, and biscotti. Nothing usually holds up as well as the hard, dense stuff like biscotti.

A lot depends on your preferred saturation and dunk time, not to mention what’s in the dunk tank (Hot? Cold? Coffee? Milk? Milkshake?). Some things just don’t hold up as well for moderately extended dunk time.
All valid points but seems a complicated endeavor

We've got some weird sweet dried bread here that you can dunk for days, it's sort of a Scandinavian biscotti.
Heck, my diet is so bland most of the time that I dunk rye bread in coffee sometimes for breakfast. Rye bread here can be pretty dense too.

Oh for the days when I could eat an entire bag of Chips Ahoy before bed and not gain an oz of fat. Yes dunking was a key feature of that too.

These might not last long enough to make it into the coffee.
This takes it to the next level. Seems stupid until you try it, then there is no looking back.

Almond Biscotti
Oreos
Chocolate chip cookies
Glazed Donuts

:cautious: all of which I cant have anymore...... oh and ....
a pick line IV. Coffee mainlines better that way, LOL

While staying in a relatives trullo in Bari, Italy I was introduced to what I consider a unique dunk. Two shots of espresso poured into a bowl with crumbled three day old bread, sugar, pine nuts and fresh warm goat milk. Consumed like a bowl of cereal. The rock hard bread never became too mushy. As hard as biscotti. After that a nice leisurely stroll to the Adriatic Sea where you fished for your lunch. That place was heaven on earth.

Last edited:
While staying in a relatives trullo in Bari, Italy I was introduced to what I consider a unique dunk. Two shots of espresso poured into a bowl with crumbled three day old bread, sugar, pine nuts and fresh warm goat milk. Consumed like a bowl of cereal. The rock hard bread never became too mushy. As hard as biscotti. After that a nice leisurely stroll to the Adriatic Sea where you fished for your lunch. That place was heaven on earth.
That sounds DEVINE

I used to think it was graham crackers, until I discovered biscotti. I just had a serious graham cracker failure in my coffee. Even a spoon couldn't help. What was I thinking?!
For dunking I am partial to plain cake donuts and shortbread cookies - either Lorna Doone or Girl Scout Trefoils.

I love to dunk! BUT if you dunk your fries in milkshakes... I am going to question you and judge you!

Have you tried? Also here is one for you. Ritz crackers crunchy peanut butter and spicy bread and butter pickles. Yum!

Back