The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Best Comedy Sketches

Folks:
These type of threads, are always a slippery slope. We all try to laugh but we have to take things in the context that what is funny for some may be offensive for others so, please at all times when posting in this or any type of similar thread, or any thread on the TSC for that matter, keep it G to PG at best. Remember, we have some members that have children that spend time with them on the forum, also we have all races all creeds all colors and all religions. We as owners, and you as members need to respect that.

thank you in advance

This skit has both fantastic and horrible memories for me……I remember when this skit was on SNL - I thought it was one of the funniest skits I’ve ever see……..then as a young LT attending the officers advanced course - our class took a trip to do a battle field walk of San Jacinto…..some of our CPTs decided to drink to much at dinner, and they rehashed this skit the whole way on the bus ride home ……1 1/2 of Van Down By the River…..😂

This skit has both fantastic and horrible memories for me……I remember when this skit was on SNL - I thought it was one of the funniest skits I’ve ever see……..then as a young LT attending the officers advanced course - our class took a trip to one of the Mexican-American war sites as a battlefield walk…..some of our CPTs decided to drink to much at dinner, and they rehashed this skit the whole way on the bus ride home ……1 1/2 of Van Down By the River…..😂
Another reason I am proud to be an enlisted man.

Another reason I am proud to be an enlisted man.
I was taught well by the best NCO’s in the biz.……our CPTs had annoyed the battalion commander on that trip so much, and more importantly the Sergeant Major….. that the next day we LTs took advantage. The two most vocal CPTs (who were also the biggest jerks to the few LTs in the class) were so hoarse the next day that in formation no one could understand them - so they put me and my buddy in charge of the platoon (as acting CO and XO) (we were doing training maneuvers that day - so we had an enlisted corps supporting us).….. so in the morning formation - I dismissed half the platoon and gave them the day off.

The CPT was furious - but he kept yelling at me and I said “But sir - that is exactly what you said.“ I won’t say if I got the idea from my Platoon Sergeant or not (he was a good man)…..so I’m in standing at attention in front of the BC and the Sergeant Major (who had a grin from ear to ear) because the CPT reported me- and the colonel said - “Captain - the Lieutenant was following your orders - don’t blame him if you can’t communicate properly”

Best Day ever.

I was taught well by the best NCO’s in the biz.……our CPTs had annoyed the battalion commander on that trip so much, and more importantly the Sergeant Major….. that the next day we LTs took advantage. The two most vocal CPTs (who were also the biggest jerks to the few LTs in the class) were so hoarse the next day that in formation no one could understand them - so they put me and my buddy in charge of the platoon (as acting CO and XO) (we were doing training maneuvers that day - so we had an enlisted corps supporting us).….. so in the morning formation - I dismissed half the platoon and gave them the day off.

The CPT was furious - but he kept yelling at me and I said “But sir - that is exactly what you said.“ I won’t say if I got the idea from my Platoon Sergeant or not (he was a good man)…..so I’m in standing at attention in front of the BC and the Sergeant Major (who had a grin from ear to ear) because the CPT reported me- and the colonel said - “Captain - the Lieutenant was following your orders - don’t blame him if you can’t communicate properly”

Best Day ever.
Amen.

Best Day ever.
I will paraphrase a speech given by a First Sergeant welcoming our newly graduated class of Lightfighters.

Men, bars can be melted down. Railroad tracks are easily destroyed and need frequent replacement. Oak leafs wither and die with the seasons. Eagles can be shot out of the sky. Stars all eventually burn out.

But diamonds are forever!!!

Best Day ever.

Back