The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Berkey water filters

Luecke3262

“I am the Grail Razor Hunter”
Hobbyist
We ordered a Berkey water filter system a few weeks ago and I finally got around to setting it up this weekend. First impressions are wow the water tastes great! Living in St. Louis, the water has that distinct metal flavor with a slight chlorine aftertaste... We've been using a Brita pitcher filter for quite a few years, but the water is still kind of MEH... ALSO, the small pitchers make it difficult especially if you want to cook with filtered water. So, we'd be stuck waiting on water to filter for spaghetti or soups. Well not anymore! We picked up the Royal Berkey while it was on sale for black Friday with 4 filters. It wasn't cheap even on sale, but we shouldn't need to buy any water filters for then next year and are expecting the system to last for many years to come. I'll post another photo once our floor stand shows up.

Does anyone else own a Berkey? How do you like it and is there anything we should know that we don't?

1639407502895.png
(not my picture, I was too lazy to run downstairs to snap one.)

That is pretty cool! We are lucky that with our water usually just a filter in the house makes the water taste great. Replace it every 6 months.

Back