The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Beat feet

gembo

Shave Newbie
Not sure what's happened but for the past few years after sprained ankles a broken fibula and several rounds of plantar fasciitis my feet don't seem to have the strength they used to. I've never been in great shape but going to a college on a hill made walking a regular thing and I could easily walk a couple miles at a time. Now I can barely walk 20 minutes without excruciating pain in my arches. Is it probably plantar fascists? Yes but my regular goto moves to cure it don't seem to be working.
Anybody else have ideas for stretching and strengthening my poor feet?

Anybody else have ideas for stretching and strengthening my poor feet?
Can you raise yourself up on your feet, so that you're standing on the front of your feet? Raising and lowering yourself using only your feet should strengthen and stretch your arches.

I have had plantar fasciitis since around 2005. Sometimes it is just downright debilitating. My two tried and true methods may or may not work for you but they work for me. The first one is calf stretches. It's not sexy and it won't work immediately. But consistent calf stretches throughout that day (at least twice but three to four times would be ideal). This might take a couple weeks to alleviate it altogether. Keep with it...it will hurt in the beginning...but should get better. If you are looking for 100% immediate relief, and you have the means...find a Physical Therapist that you like and get them to do some dry needling. About a year ago I had a PF flare up that was unbearable. I was seeing a PT for my back at the time. Told her my issue and she asked if we could do some dry needling. I said yes. The session took about 20 minutes and by the time I was done...I had no pain. I really hope this helps...I know PF can really affect your daily life.

Back