The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Battle of the Titans. Vector vs Occam

Which is the Top of the Hill

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-.-- --- ..- / --. ..- -.-- ... / .-- .. - .... / - .... . / --- -.-. -.-. .- -- --..-- / .-- .... .. -.-. .... / .--. .-.. .- - . / .- .-. . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- ... .. -. --. / - .... . / -- --- ... - / --- ..-. - . -. ..--.. • •• ••• 😂
The Hiram only has the Med plate. Then I got to try the OREN and tried all 3, on both the OREN and the Hiram. Honestly, because of the way the blade is held, I could not notice any difference. I assume that’s why the Hiram, being the newest of that type, only came with 1 plate.

The Hiram only has the Med plate. Then I got to try the OREN and tried all 3, on both the OREN and the Hiram. Honestly, because of the way the blade is held, I could not notice any difference. I assume that’s why the Hiram, being the newest of that type, only came with 1 plate.
I have briefly tried all three plates, the med 1x the 3 dot and 1 dot twice each. The cobra classic seemed so much smoother in my memory. I wonder what the difference is.

I have briefly tried all three plates, the med 1x the 3 dot and 1 dot twice each. The cobra classic seemed so much smoother in my memory. I wonder what the difference is.
I hated the Cobra Classic. I wanted to love it, but I found it ridiculously aggressive.

I hated the Cobra Classic. I wanted to love it, but I found it ridiculously aggressive.
Hmm.. since I dont have it anymore hard to compare now. But i did have an odd experience with the nano (oren). All the previous shaves experienced a slight tugging and meh first pass but i recalled that the feather ACs can take a bunch of shaves, so i didnt change it out while testing dots. Finally decided to change it out yesterday And oh boy what a change. Super smooth first pass on 2 dot.. like a totally different experience. I was getting kind of sad from the previous blade thinking it was the razor.

Really enjoying the nano!! Its a quick easy great shave.

what does the vector bring to the table that’s different? The balance, the feel?

Really enjoying the nano!! Its a quick easy great shave.

what does the vector bring to the table that’s different? The balance, the feel?
For me, the Vector is quite a bit more nimble, less bulky on the razor head, more comfortable to hold, shaved closer, has a decent heft, and felt less fiddly.

The Nano felt pretty bare bones to me but did give a fairly easy and comfortable shave for an AC razor.

For me, the Vector is quite a bit more nimble, less bulky on the razor head, more comfortable to hold, shaved closer, has a decent heft, and felt less fiddly.

The Nano felt pretty bare bones to me but did give a fairly easy and comfortable shave for an AC razor.

are you using the open comb version? Thats a good looking piece of kit.

Back