The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Batten down the hatches...

Feel for you brother! I'm over in the Baton Rouge area. We are happy we are getting little from Sally, but I am really sorry for you guys.

I should be far enough to the east of the eye that I get mostly a lot of rain and a bit of wind... Hopefully my friends over in Biloxi area don't get it too bad.
Woke up this morning and saw that Sally is moving at 2 MPH!!! I have never seen a tropical system move that slow. I hope that your area does not flood out!

Get Ventusky on your phone...best app in the world for tracking storms. Stay safe it looks like it will be a slow grinder of a storm.

Woke up this morning and saw that Sally is moving at 2 MPH!!! I have never seen a tropical system move that slow. I hope that your area does not flood out!

Yeah, that's super slow... there was one in the 90's (Danny I think?) that did similar, and just sat in place for like a day at the mouth of the bay. It wasn't as strong as this one, but Sally has weakened a bit.

It's tracking more east now, so probably will come right up Mobile bay, which kinda stinks. On the positive side, it will hopefully weaken a bit but will still cause some problems.

I won't get flooded where I live, but there are plenty of areas in my country that most likely will get flooded. Also, the storm surge will be around 10-15' now, so areas along the Bay are at risk for flood...

Thanks for the thoughts and prayers guys!

stop.gif

" More than 35,000 homes and businesses were without power in Alabama as of about 8 p.m. CDT, most of them in Mobile and Baldwin counties, according to poweroutage.us. About 15,000 outages were being reported in the Florida Panhandle. "

" More than 400,000 homes and businesses have lost power in southern Alabama and the Florida Panhandle, according to poweroutage.us. "

I'm already getting rain from this system way over in SC.

@jbreakfield Is not in a good place right now.

Yeah I hope all are safe.. We are expected to only get 5 inches or so of rain from it here...

" More than 400,000 homes and businesses have lost power in southern Alabama and the Florida Panhandle, according to poweroutage.us. "

I'm already getting rain from this system way over in SC.

@jbreakfield Is not in a good place right now.

Where are you in SC out of curiosity ?

Hey guys, my power is out since about 230 last night but otherwise good. Just a lot of limbs down in my yard. Still pretty windy here and it was a rough night. We saw wings probably up to around 60 mph where I am, and much higher too the South, probably 100mph or more

They're saying possibly 15-25 inches of rain in some areas:oops:, so already a lot of localized flooding. I'll be checking on all my local peeps as soon as I can.

Back