The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Basketball Boring???

Lol, that was a mean elbow check to the face at the start...and the guy with a chair stuck to his shirt...what a mockery of the sport all together lol.

I stopped watching basketball for the most part after Jordan’s first retirement. Those were the end of the golden years really.

I may catch a Warrior’s game here n there, but that’s it.

First of all I am going to say something very unpopular...I saw a lot of sissy punches, elbows, and kicks there. If you are going to punch a guy...punch the guy.

That being said...what a disgrace in sportsmanship. And blame can be assigned to three parties...The Filipinos, The Aussies, and The Refs. Yup...the Refs...sorry Chad. It appears that there was a lot of bad play that was just let go. I know the International basketball culture is a little different than the American basketball culture, but most of that stuff can't be let go. Before the fight there were a lot of elbows to faces that just shouldn't have happened. And for the Refs to let that kind of play continue is really bad.

But the players here...on both sides...really could have acted and reacted in a very different way.

There's my soapbox for the day...

No offense taken here. For the record I only watched that clip. I did not watch the game. But I will agree they should have got the offensive foul on the filipino on his drive to the basket. If that would've happened this whole thing could have potentially not happened. I will say once the brawl started the referees did what we are trained to do. Get as far away as possible, and take mental notes on who you are ejecting.

A lot of guys I know who referee NCAA DIV 1 basketball and the few NBA referees I know all say NEVER officiate International basketball.

Disgraceful in its entirety to the game of BB, even if I'm not the biggest fan of the sport.

However...redemption from the announcers at 3:00 in the clip, "Blatche should be fined for throwing such a soft punch anyways..." Gotta love the Aussies!

Lol, that was a mean elbow check to the face at the start...and the guy with a chair stuck to his shirt...what a mockery of the sport all together lol.

I stopped watching basketball for the most part after Jordan’s first retirement. Those were the end of the golden years really.

I may catch a Warrior’s game here n there, but that’s it.
Awww come on man. I almost agree with you about Jordan, but watching Curry when he's hot and draining 3s from just anywhere he pleases is almost as good as Jordan's flying dunks.

Awww come on man. I almost agree with you about Jordan, but watching Curry when he's hot and draining 3s from just anywhere he pleases is almost as good as Jordan's flying dunks.

Maybe if he stuck his tongue out once in a while and floated supernaturally...

No, I agree though, Curry does have some magic!

I don't watch basketball but I was in the same boat as Don watching this. I saw a lot of sissy fighting. But I definitely see Chad's points too. The first elbow should have been called before the first knockdown and it may not have ever happened. And yeah, the ref's are refs, not security. MMA is about the only sport I'm aware of (maybe boxing to a much lesser degree) that a ref may be in the position to get physical at all by separating fighters.

It almost seemed like the officials that let it go were making a point too. You are going to act like morons, we are going to let you look like morons.

I think there should be a clarification made. This whole refs need to stop things before it breaks into a fight pertains to men's basketball. Ain't nobody supposed to stop a cat fight!

I don't expect anyone getting in the middle of that crap. I guess I should have specified that I place some blame on the refs for not dealing with the crazy fouls to begin with.

Back