The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Barrister and Mann 42 ... and the Doctor's office ...

Yesterday I had to run my youngest son to Urgent Care for what turned out to be a ruptured eardrum and a double ear infection.

After getting checked in at the desk, we were taken back to a room and the nurse came in to get the preliminary information and his vitals. While she's entering the information in the computer, she looks at Sam and says, "Have you been using essential oils or something? Something smells really good."

He and I looked at each other quizzically, and then it dawned on me, I had shaved and used B&M 42 soap and followed with the matching aftershave. I imagine I blushed slightly and sheepishly told her it was me and tried to explain what it was without getting too deep into the geeky wet shaving weeds. At 45, and married, apparently I still get a little flustered when an attractive woman offers me a compliment.

I thanked her for her kind words and she went off to the next patient.

I looked at Sam and said ... "And that's why you always want to smell good."

?

The art of being a gentleman always gives precious teaching moments! Most excellent story!

Just got back from getting my hair cut and the lady complimented my cologne. I think that's the first time since I've started traditional shaving that anyone has mentioned anything about my scent. Nice to know that people do actually smell something even if they don't usually mention it. Awesome that your boy was there to witness it.

Back