The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Badger vs Synthetic

I seem to be in the minority. My Simpson best and super badgers are superb. My Rudy Vey/Shavemac 2 band silvertip may be my favorite. My Connaught Jade Omega 011842 boar is getting better and better after some 50 or 60 uses. A Simpson Classic 1 synthetic just doesn’t do it for me. It won’t splay and just doesn’t give me the good face feel that I get from the others as a face lather shaver.

I seem to be in the minority. My Simpson best and super badgers are superb. My Rudy Vey/Shavemac 2 band silvertip may be my favorite. My Connaught Jade Omega 011842 boar is getting better and better after some 50 or 60 uses. A Simpson Classic 1 synthetic just doesn’t do it for me. It won’t splay and just doesn’t give me the good face feel that I get from the others as a face lather shaver.

I’ve had that Connaught Jade Omega on my radar for a while. Just haven’t pulled the trigger yet.

I’ve had that Connaught Jade Omega on my radar for a while. Just haven’t pulled the trigger yet.
I’m starting to like the Connaught Jade Omega more and more but my particular one has taken a real long time to break in. Much more backbone than I expected but getting better with use. Certainly worth the price.

You have at least one partner in the minority. I have tried a number of synthetic brushes ranging from plissoft to the muhle supposed to be like a silvertip thing. Just dont really like the way they lather at all.

I have simpsons, a Rudy shavemac, shavemac, paladin, and a few badgers but my favorite knot has to be my tgn knots.

I used a Simpsons Chubby silver tip for 20+ years and when I finally retired it switched to a synthetic. Recently I had the chance to go back to a silver tip badger brush and boy it was a real eye opener for me after using the synthetic for a few years. The silvertip just held so much more water and lather, didn’t need to use as much shaving cream in the daily shave. I did think the synthetic was a nice brush but I’ll be sticking with real badger going forward.

I used a Simpsons Chubby silver tip for 20+ years and when I finally retired it switched to a synthetic. Recently I had the chance to go back to a silver tip badger brush and boy it was a real eye opener for me after using the synthetic for a few years. The silvertip just held so much more water and lather, didn’t need to use as much shaving cream in the daily shave. I did think the synthetic was a nice brush but I’ll be sticking with real badger going forward.

What kind of Badger LOL Glad you are enjoying the Badger

Back