The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Livers

dangerousdon

"I am Udderly Insufferable”
Veteran
Concierge Emeritus
I know most of you will cringe or turn up your nose at this. But I love organ meat. Many of you already know this. I have been skipping my multivitamin as of late (lots of synthetic vitamins that are not bioavailable) and have been consuming organ meat. Last week was Grass Fed Beef Heart (it didn't go as well as I would have liked so I didn't post it here....though I still ate it), this week is Free Range Chicken Livers.

Literally all I did here was take a chicken liver and cut it in half. I divided slices of bacon (mine are thick cut that I get from a local slaughter house) into threes. I wrap the liver into the bacon and skewer it with a toothpick. Put them on a sheet pan and broil (not bake) the morsels for seven minutes. Pull out of oven and flip...back into the oven for another seven minutes on broil.

I was going to salt and pepper them, but I was unsure how much seasoning the bacon would provide...so I didn't. And I wish I would. It wasn't necessarily bland...but it needed a bit more. You could grill them too, but my grill is being cleaned and maintenanced the time being. Anyway...here are the before and after pics!

1615224457317.png 1615224481574.png

What I want to do is get a bunch of chicken hearts and make chicken nuggets out of them!

Well now...you gave me an idea!

I have the hearts...I'll research and maybe try them next week!

1615230074688.png

I have the hearts...I'll research and maybe try them next week!
Research? Just "bread" them, then fry or bake..... what's there to research?

My preferred breading is to dip in almond flour, then egg wash, then crushed up pork rinds!

Research? Just "bread" them, then fry or bake..... what's there to research?

My preferred breading is to dip in almond flour, then egg wash, then crushed up pork rinds!
Research might not have been the right term. I was looking more for cooking times for air fryer/pan frying/deep frying/baking/grilling...etc, etc, etc.

Don,
I recently bought a package of chicken hearts and gizzards. Breaded them and fried them up. So tasty. The gizzards were as expected. I like gizzards. But the hearts were the best. Soft, not chewy and very delicious. Best nuggets ever!

Don,
I recently bought a package of chicken hearts and gizzards. Breaded them and fried them up. So tasty. The gizzards were as expected. I like gizzards. But the hearts were the best. Soft, not chewy and very delicious. Best nuggets ever!
Haven't had a chance to do mine yet...I will try and give it a go soon.

Back