The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Back from the spa

Awesome! I’ve never seen anything like those, I am learning to really love the single edge options.

CBLindsay said:
Awesome! I’ve never seen anything like those, I am learning to really love the single edge options.

Here is the set before the razor was cleaned.

Oor how about the Pall Mall!

Absolutely beautiful. I may have to invest in a set like that eventually.

I've eyeballed those as well John, and never pulled the trigger for one reason or another. Truly beautiful set, I would imagine that it is a great shaver to boot!

DocHoliday0831 said:
Is that the razors that have a traditional straight style blade and a handle?

The set has 7 mini straight razor blade (the lower right of the set) that fit into the handle. They can also take the modern Gem blades.

I'm imagining that one would have to maintain those blades, just like one does with a straight razor? Is it difficult to hone and/or strop those things? It seems like it would be more dangerous to strop those than to strop a normal Western straight razor, just because a straight has an easier place to hold the blade.

kingfisher said:
I'm imagining that one would have to maintain those blades, just like one does with a straight razor? Is it difficult to hone and/or strop those things? It seems like it would be more dangerous to strop those than to strop a normal Western straight razor, just because a straight has an easier place to hold the blade.
Yes the blades need to be maintained just like a straight.
In the case you will see a stropping attachment. You remove the handle and add the attachment. Also the strop has a device in it that you can load the blade into and just pull the strop back and forth. If you look at the next picture you will see the triangle piece that holds the blade.

Glad Cap was able to do something for those. I remember the whole story as it was taking place. Does not look pretty, but it it holds the blade, who cares what it looks like. We now need a shave report, and a report on how to strop the blade with the stropper.

Back