The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Back from the Aether

dkeester

"TSC's Master of Bourbon"
It has been a while since I have actively participated in any shaving forums. And to be honest I have missed the camaraderie since leaving "the other place." Thanks for the invite, KJ.

Who am I?

My name is Doug. I have been involved in this hobby since my first wet shave on February 20, 2016. I am a techie and a gamer (tabletop RPGs and card games mostly). I love to knit, crochet, read, and binge watch Netflix & Amazon Prime. My favorite cuisine is Vietnamese. I am a professional SQA Engineer currently working in the health care industry. My favorite razors are the Merkur 34c and the Fatip Piccolo, but I own over 100 other DEs, SEs, straights, and shavettes. I own enough soap to last me for at least two years, blades to last me the rest of my life, and probably more aftershave than I can reasonably finish off.

Here is a picture of my most prized shaving item:

Doug! So great to see you found your way over here. I hope you are doing well. It has been awhile.

Doug! Welcome to TSC! I'm glad the brush is still working well for you. The AoS Ocean Kelp set you gave me is still going strong, and is one of my favorite creams.

Smattayu said:
Doug! Welcome to TSC! I'm glad the brush is still working well for you. The AoS Ocean Kelp set you gave me is still going strong, and is one of my favorite creams.

It is the best brush that I own. The handle is really comfortable and it works well with all of my shaving mugs (i.e. I can load without too much banging of the sides of the mug). It is also the best looking handle that I have.

Back