The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Ariana & Evans scents?

I neglected to add that I have not tried Spartacus, so i can't vouch for how close it is to Aventus or the other clones...I believe Dave of the Nurse variety has tried it, however.

Well I pulled the trigger on pamplemousse soap and aftershave and socal soap. I hope I like them. Now I have to wait.
Happy shaves

These came today and I am very pleased. The SoCal Hipster is so awesome. Pamplemousse is different than what I expected but I do like it, I don't get hardly any grapefruit scent. The smell seems familiar but I can't put my finger on it.
Thanks for the help guys.
Happy shaves

Glad you like the SoCalHip, I couldn’t do it. The suntan lotion scent of it just assaulted my nose.

Glad you like the SoCalHip, I couldn’t do it. The suntan lotion scent of it just assaulted my nose.

It is amazing how different things smell to each of us. It's one of my favorites and I am wishing I had bought the matching aftershave instead of pamplemousse.
Happy shaves

Nice haul! How does SoCal Hipster smell to you? I'm looking to purchase it myself.

Well I wish I could help you but I am terrible at describing scents. I get citrusy and kind of fruity I guess. One thing is for sure every time I smell it I get a big smile on my face. I'm sorry I know I am no help at all.
Happy shaves

Well I wish I could help you but I am terrible at describing scents. I get citrusy and kind of fruity I guess. One thing is for sure every time I smell it I get a big smile on my face. I'm sorry I know I am no help at all.
Happy shaves
No worries - I've heard nothing but good things about it! Can't wait to get my hands on 'em ?

A&E Spartacus......

Excellent soap all around. Lather, cushion, slickness, residual, glide and immediate post shave feel. Scent wise, it’s very nice. If your a Creed Aventus fan and more in tune with the less smokier birch tar and oak moss batches and prefer the more fruity batches with the pineapple, apple and citrus accords, this is right up your alley. Impressive first go.....

A&E Spartacus......

Excellent soap all around. Lather, cushion, slickness, residual, glide and immediate post shave feel. Scent wise, it’s very nice. If your a Creed Aventus fan and more in tune with the less smokier birch tar and oak moss batches and prefer the more fruity batches with the pineapple, apple and citrus accords, this is right up your alley. Impressive first go.....

That is some good looking lather there.
I used Socal Hipster for the first time this morning and it is great soap, I love the scent. Spartacus does sound like one I need to try.
Happy shaves my friend

A&E Spartacus......

Wow lather for dayz ? If only TSW had the aftershave in stock, I would be all over this already.

Back