The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Are badger brushes suppose to smell like garbage?

Thanks for the offer Dave. I will stick to synthetics. I think I have been traumatized from that Pure Badger brush that I dont want to lather my face with stinky wet rodent for a while

Thanks for the offer Dave. I will stick to synthetics. I think I have been traumatized from that Pure Badger brush that I dont want to lather my face with stinky wet rodent for a while
Ive had many badgers. Most smell for a while. But it does go away.

Must have ave just got a stubborn one. Really, I’d give a badger another shot. I love synthetics, but they’ll never completely replace my badgers.

I feel sorry for the poor guy they send out to shave the badgers to make brushes. You gotta clean out the gore from the bristles to get the workers blood and sweat out.

Where's the quotes from Rich thread?

I love that badger funk, it's so earthy!!
Especially when it calms down after just one year lather.

In terms of scritch, it'll calm down if it's a two band finest. If it's a pure badger, it may never lose that scritch, which is why I don't buy pure badger brushes.

Back