The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

April Shave Themes! (ABC shaves and/or Mystic Water)

27 April, 2020

Today I revisited the letter "B". If you recall, Day 2 for me was a coin flip between "Bay Rum" & "Barbershop". The later won that round so today I went with....

Letter "B" Part 2 (Electric Boogaloo) - "Bay Rum" Edition

The B&M Bay Rum is very similar to the Phoenix Shaving Atomic Age Bay Rum. Perhaps a bit dryer / less sweet than AABR and at the end of the day, I still prefer the Phoenix Shaving version.

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / B&M "Bay Rum" / PAA "Atomic Rocket" 26mm Synth
1964 Gillette Slim / Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Layrite № 9 Splash

IMG-3242.jpg

MYSTIC WATER MONTH

Tuesday April 28, 2020
2020 Shave # 126 ( 540 Consecutive Shave Days )
Razor: Gratiot Krect Spiral Slant
Blade: Wizamet (?)
Brush: Cadre 1st Anniversary Brush
Soap: Mystic Water Leather and Smoke
Aftershave 1: Humphrey's Alcoholado Maravilla 70
Aftershave 2: Clubman Gents Gin
Fragrance: Scuderia Ferrari Black
IMG_20200428_063731123.jpg

28 April, 2020

Revisiting the letter "E" today. Missed it the first time around. I don't really have anything that directly relates to "E" so I had to get creative.. Looking on Stirling's web page, they list one of the attributes of "Hipster" as "earthy". So, having nothing else that fits and really wanting to try the soap...

E is for "Earthy"

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Stirling "Hipster" Shave Soap / PAA "The Starcraft" 24mm Synth / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Stirling "Hipster" Splash / PAA Unscented Star Jelly

IMG-3247.jpg

29 April, 2020 - Part 1 of 2

Revisiting the letter "J" today. Back on day 10, I was at a loss and neither I nor Vincent Vega could find an answer..

bd326b2f19f8092f6bbcba612a9b7398.gif

Luckily, @NurseDave swooped in and gave me an out..

2OLG.gif

But it never set well with me.. Later as I thought about it, I DID have something I could go with that day. One of the "weirdest" drunks I ever experienced was back in my Navy days when some buddies and I were ashore and we started drinking Bombay Sapphire Gin...

200w.gif

I recalled that the primary note of Gin is juniper! And it just so happens I have a soap that works with that!!! Soooooo...

Last edited:
29 April, 2020 Part 2 of 2

J is for Juniper

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Stirling Soap Co. "Gin & Tonic" Soap / PAA "The Peregrino" Brush / 1964 Gillette Slim
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Gin & Tonic" Splash

IMG-3254.jpg

Razor: Merkur Progress
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (3rd Shave)
Soap/Cream: Mystic Water - Coconut Sandalwood
Brush: Stirling Synthetic
The Ultimate Aftershave: Fine Accouterments - Platinum

I waited until yesterday evening to get my shave in that I sorely needed. Sneaked it in just before the social distancing call that Chad has been hosting. Came out super smooth after three passes. The first pass was a bit...well...hairy. But the trusty Progress with a Feather blade made swift work of the facial weeds. Mystic Water, when properly lathered, just might be the slickest soap out there! Normally I would have splashed on something of lesser quality...but I was feeling good and didn't want to waste the moment, so I doused myself with Fine Platinum. Even the wife could appreciate that scent.

Closing out the month with one of my new favorite scents form MW. I think I'll be using this one a lot more this Spring/Summer

Mystic Water - Coconut Lime Verbena

30 April, 2020

And it's here! We made it!! The end of April and along with it, the end of "April Shave Theme A-B-C Edition".. Thanks to @dangerousdon for getting it going. Looking forward to May!

So for the final day, I went back to letter "L". And if it's "L", it can only mean one thing for me....

L is for "LIME"!!!!

bearss_large_x850.jpg

PAA "The Cube 2.0" / Stirling Soap Co. "Lime" Soap / PAA "Atomic Rocket" Brush / 1961 Gillette Fat Boy
Gillette Silver Blue / Alum / Stirling Soap Co. "Lime"

IMG-3261.jpg

Back