The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Any love for the Razorock Eco?

Galaktus

Shave Member
Veteran
First Responder
Late to the game on this one, but I had a Hawk I wasn't too fond of, AC blades just a bit wider than I'm used to, so I was able to trade the Hawk for an Eco.
Somehow I'm intrigued by the Eco, a different shaving experience without having to hunt down blades. Cut or snap a DE in half and you're in business.
I find an extremely light touch, and riding the cap gives a pretty darn good shave. I used the Crown blades it came with and wasn't terribly impressed, but it was only the first shave with it. Next two I used a Bic and tossed the blade. Used the other half of the Bic today and had a nice close and smooth shave. I'll try the Crown blades again some time and report back

Hadn’t heard of it and went and looked it up. I suppose it’s interesting if like you say an AC razor head is too big for your facial landscape. I don’t find that the case so I doubt I’ll try it since the ridgedness of the AC is part of the magic.

I been following the Eco ever since it was announced, but never pulled the trigger. For some reason, snapping a DE blade in half to use just one side in a razor seemed odd. I know that folks have said that it allowed more support and better rigidity, but well designed DE razors and slants provide the same. Still, I would be very interested in following this just to see someone's detailed impressions.

Well as I had said before its a pretty good razor I have used shark , feather , crown and several other blades in it.. The head of the razor is a little big but the razor gives a pretty good shave. There are some maneuverability issues with certain spots like under the nose with the large head of the razor but you eventually figure out how to get those spots... There are some mods you can do with shims but I haven't tried them. I just threw away the crown blade that was in it the other day and will have to try some other blades in it and will give my views on them also with this razor.

Very interesting indeed! And at $30 it might be a good deal.
I honestly really like mine. I don't use it as much as I should but it works well once you figure it out.. Also they are great for travel because DE blades are so readily available that there isn't a problem with TSA if flying....just get blades at destination and break them or put one or 2 in an envelope and mail to destination...

I purchased the Green Eco on a whim, and honestly for the price in which they included a pack of blades as well. I have used it for about 5 shaves now, and I am really liking the razor. It is a little bit more aggressive than a traditional DE, but I am getting nice shaves. For the price point it is worth checking out. I think I am going to make this my travel razor, and throw it in our motorhome to take on vacations.

I have another one coming tomorrow. I sold the first one (dumb). It is a very good shaver about 7/10 on the aggressive scale. I found the Crown blades it comes with to be pretty good. For the price it is a great deal. I don't think however its a very big seller because if it was Joe would make them in addition to aluminum out of stainless steel.

I have been using mine the last few days with the Crown blades it came with that I was not expecting. Honestly the razor once you get that angle down is a true joy to use. I would recommend that more give this razor a try.

First use this morning and the results were excellent. Used the Crown half blades the razor comes with. The locking system for the blade is very good as it has four pins in the lower plate and once you add the top plate and screw the handle on the blade is not going anywhere. It would be nice if this razor was made in stainless steel to add more weight however in the future I might use a stainless steel or brass handle. Well worth the $30.
IMG_0461.JPG

Back