The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Another attempt at the Cattey Creations Barber Straight!

"The popular place kids visit these days", LOVE it !

"Again, I can't see right here. What is up with that?" You need a glass hand and arm to see thru is what I always felt. No critiques from me friend. Kudos to you for using it. It's an awesome looking razor. The problem I think with the barber ones is they use that de blade that is SOOOOOO small it makes it hard to judge coming in and maintaining that flat surface against the skin. This shave by the guy that doesn't like aggressive razors? You did great !! Man I missed your videos

"The popular place kids visit these days", LOVE it !

"Again, I can't see right here. What is up with that?" You need a glass hand and arm to see thru is what I always felt. No critiques from me friend. Kudos to you for using it. It's an awesome looking razor. The problem I think with the barber ones is they use that de blade that is SOOOOOO small it makes it hard to judge coming in and maintaining that flat surface against the skin. This shave by the guy that doesn't like aggressive razors? You did great !! Man I missed your videos

Thanks Dave! I want to do more videos, but it's hard for me to do them in the morning. I try to do one at least once a week...but that doesn't always work out. I'll try to do better though! I am probably going to do more shaves with the shavette and with the straights that Shawn just honed for me.

Thanks Dave! I want to do more videos, but it's hard for me to do them in the morning. I try to do one at least once a week...but that doesn't always work out. I'll try to do better though! I am probably going to do more shaves with the shavette and with the straights that Shawn just honed for me.
I wasn't pressuring you and trust me I get it. Most frustrating part for me is trying to get them uploaded. 2 hours and mine from this morning says it's at 49% and I filmed at 480dpi. Just know they are appreciated when you can do them!!

Been a while since we’ve been to the Danger Den! I have that exact problem with the first stroke. I hear that’s who Van Gogh really lost his ear.

I still really like the looks of that thing, but I already have enough razors that I don’t have the skill to use around here.

And holy jeez man, you add coffee on top of that? Maybe you’re not that guy, but THAT guy.

That is a cool style of barber razor, definitely more friendly than most others. I recently got one like it and modified it a little. Still scares the crap outta me. Good job

Been missing me some DangerousDon videos lately! Great shave!

Maybe consider clipping the points on the blade! And definitely once you get a good stroke going, perhaps carry it through instead of stopping? Just some thoughts.

The more I watch your videos the more I look forward to meeting you face to face. Imagine us all showing up in Vegas and storming the AoS! Hope your weekend went well and great adventures this week!

Just getting around to checking out the video section. Awesome looking razor! I recently acquired some of my grandfather’s razors and I believe 2 of them are shavettes. Definitely not as sharp looking as this one though haha.

He was a barber (I’ve talked about him a bit in my journal), so I’m sure these were more convenient than a regular straight. Although there was one of those in the bundle as well! Maybe one day I’ll get the courage up to use one!

Just getting around to checking out the video section. Awesome looking razor! I recently acquired some of my grandfather’s razors and I believe 2 of them are shavettes. Definitely not as sharp looking as this one though haha.

He was a barber (I’ve talked about him a bit in my journal), so I’m sure these were more convenient than a regular straight. Although there was one of those in the bundle as well! Maybe one day I’ll get the courage up to use one!

Like tomorrow! ?

Thanks Steve! I appreciate you watching...and I love hearing stories like your about grandfather.

Back