The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Allow me to introduce the newest products in the CBL line

CBLSoap.com

a.k.a. CBLindsay
Artisan Retailer
Legacy
Concierge
Allow me to formally introduce the newest products available from CBL Premium Shave Soap; Orion, CBL Apothecary Post Shave Oil & CBL After Shave Tonic.

Orion is the newest soap base in the CBL Premium Shave Soapline, an ultra-premium non-tallow soap with exceptional lather properties and unbelievable post shave feel. I developed the first version of this “Luxury Shave Butter” for my wife with three goals in mind, easy brushless application, unearthly slickness and lotion-like post rinse feel. A year later I began using components of that same formula in Beta versions of CBL Master Barber. Last year I was challenged to make a top shelf “non-tallow” soap, Orion is ONE of two that I developed and the first CBL Premium non-Tallow Shave Soap to be made available.

What’s in the Orion base? Murumuru Butter, Jojoba Wax, Cetyl Alcohol and Sodium Lactate work together to provide the most conditioning, soothing, moisturizing and WET lather possible. A blend of Kokum Butter and Illipe Seed Butter provide a lather is thick, creamy, slick as snot and versatile.
I will be selling Orion in 4oz glass jars with metal compression lids. The Cost per Jar is $40 and will include shipping

CBL Apothecary Post Shave Oil is a light, moisturizing oil, formulated to soothe, rejuvenate and protect all skin types. Each oil in this non-greasy, fast absorbing blend has been chosen for its own unique properties, then added in specific proportions to create a final product that provides immediate post-shave relief & long lasting skin-healing benefits, leaving your skin silky soft and moisturized...but not oily.
CBL Apothecary Oil is a purpose crafted, balanced blend of oils loaded with powerful antioxidants, natural UV blockers, natural moisturizers and fatty acids that closely mimic your skins natural sebum. These oils work together to help calm & prevent irritation, reduce scaring and smooth out skin texture, protect your skin from sun damage and balance your skin’s natural oil production. CBL Apothecary Oil has been formulated to work with most skin types and has an average comedogenic rating of 1.1 - 1.2 so it has a low likelihood of clogging pores or causing irritation.
CBL Apothecary Oil is sold in 1 ounce Cobalt Blue bottles with a reducer. Cost is $30 When included in soap/oil bundle– ($32 shipped w/out bundle)

You can find a complete detailed description of the ingredients, including a short narrative of each ingredients individual benefits* here.

CBL After Shave Tonic (Also listed as Hombres After Shave Apothecary Tonic)– This is an alcohol based After Shave splash with a thicker, milk-like texture that cools and soothes as you spread it over your face and neck. With added synthetic cooling agent, this after shave tonic leaves you with a long lasting chill but no tears. Why call it a Tonic? Because it is more than just a splash, it has premium skin nourishing and moisturizing ingredients in it too …ingredients like- Hyaluronic Acid, Alantoin & the same oils found in the CBL Apothecary Blend (Apricot Kernel Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Jojoba Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Argan Oil, Meadow foam Seed Oil, Red Raspberry Seed Oil, Rosehip Oil, Neossance™ Squalane,).

Ingredients: Kosher Ethanol, Aloe Vera, Witch Hazel, Apricot Kernel Oil, Rice Bran Oil, Oleyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Jojoba Oil, Abyssinian Oil, Argan Oil, Meadow foam Seed Oil, Red Raspberry Seed Oil, Rosehip Oil, Neossance™ Squalane, Hyaluronic Acid, Alantoin, Aristoflex, PolyMulse, WS-5
CBL After Shave Tonic is sold in a 3 ounce bottle with reducer. Cost is $20 CONUS shipping included

Each of these can/will be scented or unscented, right now I have a limited release of Orion and the Apothecary oil in California Sunrise scent, with the tonic available in both California sunrise and Hombres (hombres is available in a 2.7 Oz final version master barber puck as well)

I will have the soap/oil/tonic bundles available on my website this weekend (I’ve got a number of them spoken for so it’s looking like I will have 12-13 bundles available). I’ll also get the tonic up. I managed to make 10 bottles of Dragons blood, pm me to claim yours...I’ll set it aside if you don’t want to buy it yet but want to have one. I won’t be cranking out a bunch of different scents but what I do make should be exciting.

Can you explain the usage differences between the oil, post shave oil and tonic? It sounds like they could all be an aftershave treatment.

Can't wait to see what the next Orion scent is! wish i could get the Cal Sunrise cause it sounds awesome but i'm pretty sure my wife is allergic a few things in the scent. That Dragons Blood Splash though!

Can you explain the usage differences between the oil, post shave oil and tonic? It sounds like they could all be an aftershave treatment.
The tonic and oil can be used together, in either order (I like to do oil then tonic) or you can use one or the other. The tonic has the oil blend in it as well as other good stuff so it really could stand on its own and make you very happy, especially if you like alcohol type splashes. The apothecary oil is light enough to be enjoyable day after day, better still, when you use it several days in a row you will absolutely notice a difference in your skin. The same can be said about the tonic but adding the pure oil to the mix is Devine.

Can't wait to see what the next Orion scent is! wish i could get the Cal Sunrise cause it sounds awesome but i'm pretty sure my wife is allergic a few things in the scent. That Dragons Blood Splash though!
California sunrise is a powerful scent for sure, a very well blended scent but one that doesn’t fade quickly.

I do have to say I placed my 1st CBL order this morning. I have used a few samples and some PIf. Each one I used has been great.
I am intrigued on the Tonic as well. This is a great forum with many nice people who are very helpful.
I am very happy to finally support your company.
I think hard about what to spend my money on since I am on a budget. I am certain I will not be disappointed
Dave .

O69 happy day!!
Oh Happy Day indeed! Placed my order and have some yummy Dragon's Blood goodness coming my way. Can't Wait!
I am intrigued on the Tonic as well.
The tonic is amazing. One of the best aftershaves I've ever used. (I got to try a small sample of it, pre-release thanks to Barber Dave.) I've got 3 bottles of it coming!
I am certain I will not be disappointed
Absolutely! All of his past products are great. And I'm really looking forward to these new products!

And NOW....CBL Shaving bibs and tactical shaving vests!
Don’t get caught shaving on YouTube without one, show your support for CBLsoap.com, pin those pins and buttons from other artisans on it too. Add a banner and/or name badge to it to show everyone just how special you really are. Each comes with CBL Velcro patch pre-attached (Velcro soft side glued to bib/vest) and terry cloth DOES hold Velcro hook ...but you may want to glue the Velcro loop side to bib if you want a really nice look.
...you saw it here first!
698ACC1D-5D1D-4A83-9C08-32D4C5C8CCA0.jpegCDD242CC-C7F2-4ED3-A891-0569FC01E924.jpeg

One of the upcoming Orion soaps will have its own special edition top label...because the scent is just THAT special. Still fine tuning this CBL bespoke (custom made-to-order) scent but once it’s done I will be able to offer it to the Cadre and the public in Orion, Apothecary oil and tonic form.

...also coming in 2021, a new website dedicated to bespoke product orders.

Attachments

• 7A0BDE37-9587-4D6F-9625-5388DA735C27.jpeg
    7A0BDE37-9587-4D6F-9625-5388DA735C27.jpeg
    62.7 KB · Views: 6
One of the upcoming Orion soaps will have its own special edition top label...because the scent is just THAT special. Still fine tuning this CBL bespoke (custom made-to-order) scent but once it’s done I will be able to offer it to the Cadre and the public in Orion, Apothecary oil and tonic form.

...also coming in 2021, a new website dedicated to bespoke product orders.
Ooh, interesting. Hammam spa, the Turkish spa... I'm guessing floral Jasmine - aquatic wet scent? I'm intrigued!

Also coming VERY soon a new “hybrid” soap base (or 2), another awesome veggie soap (may not be ready really soon because it does need some time to become awesome), a CBL exclusive soap bowl, a scent you’ve been dying to get your hands on for the first time again, a new scent that is SO Zen you won’t believe it, some common scents with uncommon twists, and the retirement of some old ideas as CBL focuses on doing fewer things better.

Ooh, interesting. Hammam spa, the Turkish spa... I'm guessing floral Jasmine - aquatic wet scent? I'm intrigued!
It is a very unique scent. Jasmine is in there but to call it out as a note would not be right. To call it floral would not be entirely right either. Wet? More like “steam”. The holographic label is very appropriate because the scent seems to be multi-dimensional. It’s still being fine tuned and it’s looking like I will have to make two different versions of the scent, one for the soap and one for the oil/tonic so they all smell the same because the soap base alters the scent some. But oh boy is it smelling great right now. Just looking to nail Client X’s olfactory bullseye.

It is a very unique scent. Jasmine is in there but to call it out as a note would not be right. To call it floral would not be entirely right either. Wet? More like “steam”. The holographic label is very appropriate because the scent seems to be multi-dimensional. It’s still being fine tuned and it’s looking like I will have to make two different versions of the scent, one for the soap and one for the oil/tonic so they all smell the same because the soap base alters the scent some. But oh boy is it smelling great right now. Just looking to nail Client X’s olfactory bullseye.
Client X I like that. Kinda like Maxwell Smart LOL

CA754ED4-4307-42CC-BA52-EC6218BD7196.jpeg

Nice to see great things coming out of your shop Chris!
Thanks Don...And I think Daddy Don is gonna need his OWN bib. I'm going to have my graphics department see if we can do something clever on the Terry Cloth. I have confirmation I can offer the Tactical Shaving Vests with custom names above the pocket for TSC members but we haven't confirmed the same can be done on the Bibs. (I think it shouldn't be a problem but that's the Lil'CraftyChick's department ...I just make the soap and come up with other fun ideas).

Hypothetically, how appealing would a nice baby lotion scented soap or after shave be? ...just asking. I also noticed WalMart was selling Florida Water in the BABY section next to the baby cologne! What's next? Flaming hot cheetos teething snacks?

Back