The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Aftershave of the Day

Ginger's Garden Rose Petals aftershave. My only minor complaint is that like all of Irena's aftershaves, it is tacky/sticky while drying, probably due to the glycerin she uses to thicken them. I had already collected several of them before realizing that I could ask her to custom-make them without so much glycerin, which I did for a Colonia one she made for me.
7FjUEZX.jpg

Ginger's Garden Rose Petals aftershave. My only minor complaint is that like all of Irena's aftershaves, it is tacky/sticky while drying, probably due to the glycerin she uses to thicken them. I had already collected several of them before realizing that I could ask her to custom-make them without so much glycerin, which I did for a Colonia one she made for me.
7FjUEZX.jpg
I cut mine with a little unscented witch hazel. The sticky / tacky aspect of her splashes are my only complaint as well.

Ethos Grooming Lavender Supreme aftershave. I like the scents of this splash and vintage Yardley English Lavender equally well, but this one is a little more soothing. It leaves my skin feeling refreshed and smooth, not tacky at all. Fortunately, lavender aftershaves do not cause me any burning sensation the way the equivalent soaps do if left on my skin too long.
21CqgiH.jpg

Tue 14
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic
Matching aftershaves were great!!
20210914_072715.jpg
Wed 15
Aftershaves Stirling Witchhazel MitA + Stirling Haverford Splash & Balm with some Frost Drops...
Matching aftershaves were awesome!!
20210915_071951.jpg

So how is the proraso ? I have thought of getting a bottle sometime.

This is only about the 4th or 5th time I've used it.

The first few times I wasn't all that crazy about it. The scent is different than the soaps with less menthol. The is no alcohol in it. More of a witch hazel like product. The scent dose not seem to last very long on me either.

But yesterday was a slightly different experience. I kind of liked the scent and it lasted about 3hrs on me.

So far is say I don't have buyers remorse, but I'm not sure I'll repurchase it either?

I like the Proraso Red splash better.

Back