The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Aftershave Emergency! Master AS discontinued!

Spider

"The Cadre Constable"
Veteran
Legacy
Concierge
Folks, it’s my displeasure to announce another beloved product has bit the dust. First Williams, now this! Master Well Comb has been bought out and they have discontinued their barber line, focusing only on their beauty line.

I saw this mentioned in passing on a thread somewhere here, but no details were given. I did a search online and Master AS can be found nowhere!

I’m in Vegas today, and my first stop was to The Sharp Shop (barber supply). Luckily they still have some remaining stock, so I was able to stock up on some favorites, and picked up a couple new ones. I asked them about it, and they confirmed, giving me the info I posted above. What they have in stock is about it!

So, if you love Master AS (one of the best bargain AS out there at $7-$10 for 15oz), then you’d better hit your barber supply store or known brick & mortars now to stock up.

Here’s what I picked up today….
36E1A338-733D-43B5-937B-D87CCC322EC5.jpeg

None of the Jade KJ?
Jade was discontinued long ago. I have 3 bottles of it. In fact, I used it this morning as a good luck charm, in hopes I would find some Master today. I’m very happy with my haul. I may get some more if they still have some next month.

Folks, it’s my displeasure to announce another beloved product has bit the dust. First Williams, now this! Master Well Comb has been bought out and they have discontinued their barber line, focusing only on their beauty line.

I saw this mentioned in passing on a thread somewhere here, but no details were given. I did a search online and Master AS can be found nowhere!

I’m in Vegas today, and my first stop was to The Sharp Shop (barber supply). Luckily they still have some remaining stock, so I was able to stock up on some favorites, and picked up a couple new ones. I asked them about it, and they confirmed, giving me the info I posted above. What they have in stock is about it!

So, if you love Master AS (one of the best bargain AS out there at $7-$10 for 15oz), then you’d better hit your barber supply store or known brick & mortars now to stock up.

View attachment 77437

View attachment 77437
I've stocked up but some day I may try to track down a stray bottle or two of Jade on e-bay or somewhere. Does it actually smell like Polo? I've always liked Polo but NEVER buy it because of how expensive it is and how low in strength it is. So the idea of a 15 ounce bottle that I could splash liberally is tempting. But the wife cut me off or said she would cut something off if I buy anymore aftershave before 2024. I really went quite nuts with the Master last hurrah! But to me Challenge is better than high end Tom Ford type colognes and their Lilac Vegetal will be a lost masterpiece. None of the others come close and it takes you back to the 18th and 19th centuries - face wrapping moustaches - hot chicks with parasols and sexy ankles - bicycles with giant front wheels and tiny back wheels - just chilling at the grand botanical gardens...But...we don't talk about Breeze...no...we never talk about Breeze. (Mistakes are made but pretty much every other Master Shave is fantastic unique and heavy enough not to vanish instantly! Love them!)

View attachment 77437
The color of the Bay Rum is different than what I'm used to seeing(it's more golden, not unlike regular Clubman). Guess I'll have to see what's left.

Kris. Welcome to The Cadre! Be sure to head on over to the Newbie Forum to introduce yourself!

I may try to track down a stray bottle or two of Jade
Still a couple on e-bay, but definitely quite rare as this one was discontinued years ago.
Does it actually smell like Polo?
I don't think so. I hate Polo, but love Jade.
Lilac Vegetal will be a lost masterpiece
Indeed, that's why I just stocked up on it!
.But...we don't talk about Breeze...no...we never talk about Breeze
Uhh... why? I sampled it in the store and loved it. Bought 3 bottles!

See if your supermarket has large bags.
This was in Vegas, and I would have needed to fly home with it. Wouldn't have fit in my suitcase.

See....I'm regretting not trying the bottles you had me pick up for you.

Back