The Shaving Cadre

Welcome to The Shaving Cadre, a forum dedicated to gentlemanly discourse about wet shaving and other topics of common interests. Membership is always free so register today and join in the fun

Adventures In 3D Printing

Well last night my mylar print bed sheet ripped and my printer supplier is out of town until Tuesday due to his mom passed... Guess I'm painters tape until then....

Well last night my mylar print bed sheet ripped and my printer supplier is out of town until Tuesday due to his mom passed... Guess I'm painters tape until then....
I've seen others do that. let us know how that works!

The thing I'm having a problem with is I'm having excessive stringing.. I have to figure out what's causing that and last night I made Alicia a pair of earrings and they had some under extrusion also .. I think my speed is off also. Its set at 60 mms it may be to slow.

Yeah I'm gonna learn to play the ocarina now.. I have heard some nice Irish and Celtic melodies played on one so I figured I would print one. I figured out how to print one without supports so the inside is clear so it sounds better.

Okay its been a while. I have printed several things since my last post here. Some have been necessary to make. I printed a couple of visor holders , 1 for my wife's jeep but for some reason it just doesn't want to not break again so I'm trying to figure out what to do to fix it and another for my fathers 300 which seems to be working great for him. I have printed a few brush handles and a couple of razors which I will post when I take a picture of them. Anyone else got anything going on ?

Here at work we have a Uprint SE plus. We print a lot of prototype electrical connector shells. But occasionally we print some fun stuff. I'd love to print one of those Rubberset 400 handles.

The stl files are available.. Do you want the stubby or the regular ? I have them somewhete around here. Ill find it and send it to you if you want.

The stl files are available.. Do you want the stubby or the regular ? I have them somewhete around here. Ill find it and send it to you if you want.

That would be awesome. I'll PM you my email.

Update on some of the "fun stuff": we have a visitor in the office today that is auditing our procedures and she dropped and broke my 3D printed R2-D2. I may cry.

That would be awesome. I'll PM you my email.

Update on some of the "fun stuff": we have a visitor in the office today that is auditing our procedures and she dropped and broke my 3D printed R2-D2. I may cry.
My wife kept chanting punch her in the face after she heard about your print getting broken... I told her you couldn't because you still had other stuff to print. She said oh okay

Back